D&D 5E Ridiculous Sprinting Build

TallIan

Explorer
Correct... and a bloody sensible rule it was. It should be in every system IMO.

Hmm, it must be firmly ingrained in the way I think because I have always done multiple multipliers this way. I had a look through the 5e rules books and couldn't find anything and thinking about it I don't always confirm it is a rules with other editions/systems, I just do it.

Chaosmancer

Legend
.. why would you disallow it?

Did I miss someone saying they'd disallow it?

I thought mostly people were corrected my math.

I've never seen the 3.5 rule about tripling instead of quadrupling. And I'm torn about whether or not I'd use it in 5e. There are few enough rules convergences that have a double doubled that I'm fine with doing 4 times so people can feel super amazing. But I can see why keeping the numbers lower is a good base rule to have

Valmarius

First Post
Dash is an interesting point. It doesn't effect your speed at all, it gives you extra movement for the turn equal to your speed.
So each use of the dash adds your speed to the movement total. If a rogue uses Dash-Action and Dash-Bonus-Action that is a triple speed move, not quadruple.

However Feline Agility (the tabaxi ability) DOES double your speed, as does haste, so these are multiplicative.

A Mobile Tabaxi Monk who activates Feline Agility then double-dashes = (10ft+30ft+30ft)*2*3 = 560ft with no outside help

Remove ads