Votes: 12 16.7%
  • ★ Terrible

Votes: 8 11.1%

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
You think mine is hyperbolic. Cool. I dont think yours is.

I don’t know what your opinion is. Haven’t read your post yet. You’re just the person who jumped down my throat when I said I didn’t like internet hyperbolic opinions.

Though i think your opinion of my opinion is hyperbolic and assumes an awful lot.
That’s not what hyperbolic means.

Straight to the hyperbole again, eh? You’re allowed to think what you want. I’ll have my own opinion about the way you choose to express it.
The word "again" makes it clear whom you were responding to.

At this point both our time is being wasted so how about we just drop the talk of hyperbole and opinion?
That’s not what hyperbolic means.
I used it perfectly. Perhaps you just didnt notice how it applies.

Derren

Hero
I guess this another case of "Everyone who dislikes a movie with a female lead is a misogynist" like with Star Trek Discovery?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I guess this another case of "Everyone who dislikes a movie with a female lead is a misogynist" like with Star Trek Discovery?
Is it? I’ll point out that those are your own words. Do you get called a misogynist a lot?

Zardnaar

Legend
Right now the actual professional critics rotten tomatoes hires on are rating it in the 50s and they are signifficantly motivated to give it a good rating. Thats HORRIBAD. If you dont believe me check out rotten tomatoes.

Rotten tomatoes is junk IMHO. The divergence between critics and audiences is becoming very common.

Critics like arty fartie indie movies, historical dramas type movies.

The telling critical reception IMHO was the premiere. Disney's hand picked friendly reviewers gave it mixed reviews.

The other problem is a lot of reviews are simple up or downs. There's a big difference between a 60% movie and 90% IMHO but both count as positive.

Even the worst Star Wars movies (AotC, TPM) still count as good with simple ups and downs.

I'm not sure what counts as a one star movie. Highlander 2 maybe, some Netflix ones.
TLJ is probably plotted better, people don't like the way it treated Luke and other decisions. Probably should have been the third movie not second.

Plot and pacing RoS is a mess but it's more fun in a way. Only critics things I noticed was it's exposition heavy so I paid more attention to some of the lines. They do attempt to explain a lot of things, maybe not well but they try.

Negative reviews generate more traffic. If it was truly horrible they would be cashing in on that cow.
There have been exceptions when there was ebough pressure. Nu-star wars was one right up until this movie when they'd had enough. Their go-plan was to give extreme good reviews. And they did. Until this movie. This movie they are rating it in the 50s (most of the days its been out so far). Like you yourself said, and i already knew, something they dont do often. Its because some are towing the line and some arent. And some are in the middle for assorted reasons.

Derren

Hero
Rotten tomatoes is junk IMHO. The divergence between critics and audiences is becoming very common.

Critics like arty fartie indie movies, historical dramas type movies.

The telling critical reception IMHO was the premiere. Disney's hand picked friendly reviewers gave it mixed reviews.

The other problem is a lot of reviews are simple up or downs. There's a big difference between a 60% movie and 90% IMHO but both count as positive.

Even the worst Star Wars movies (AotC, TPM) still count as good with simple ups and downs.

I'm not sure what counts as a one star movie. Highlander 2 maybe, some Netflix ones.
TLJ is probably plotted better, people don't like the way it treated Luke and other decisions. Probably should have been the third movie not second.

Plot and pacing RoS is a mess but it's more fun in a way.
Is metacritic more to your liking then? There the review and user score is close together. 54 and 5.1

Without the Star Wars bonus this movie would likely be a strong contender for the golden raspberry together with Cats.

Disneys stock price has also dropped a lot in the last few days.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Based on previous movie threads you do seem to have very different thresholds for what you consider "too much" critique based on the gender of the lead actor.
I don’t know what that means. Only you have conjured gender and misogyny out of the blue. Nobody else has mentioned it. Or, indeed, mentioned you. I think we’re talking about you, not me. It’s a curious association to go out of your way to make.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases