WotC Roll For Combat: Hasbro Downgraded. Toys Rotting on the Shelves

Gorck

Prince of Dorkness
Like I said don't hate the player, hate the game.
I hate this saying. You can very much hate the players, because they are willingly partaking in the game. If they stopped playing the game, the game would no longer exist.

“Don’t hate the player, hate the game,” always struck me as people knowingly doing something detestable, but refusing to stop because they just don’t want to.

TheSword

Legend
What I don’t want to see is ENWorld turn into commentary on commentary.

I’m becoming mightily annoyed by “News” articles that keep ending up on my apple news that are affectively… ‘person says something on Reddit - shock’ or ‘person posts twitter comment - shock’.

That isn’t news. I’m not sure at what point it turned into News.

Please let’s not have EN World turn into an advertising space for online influencers… as much as I hang on their every word. They have their own platforms.

By all means post a link for further reading but for god’s sake summarize your points in the OP if you want to discuss something in a forum - don’t make me have to do homework to be able to participate in a discussion.

Last edited:

SteveC

Doing the best imitation of myself
What I don’t want to see is ENWorld turn into commentary on commentary.

I’m becoming mightily annoyed by “News” articles that keep ending up on my apple news that are affectively… ‘person says something on Reddit - shock’ or ‘person posts twitter comment - shock’.
I am very active on Reddit, both in gaming on non-gaming circles. I see this all the time on a couple of subs I really like and participate in, and I always say the same thing: be the change you want to see. If you want to see more content of a particular type, post it. If there's content you don't like, ignore it. As people do this, the signal to noise ratio changes. Every time you make a comment on ENWorld, it pushes a story back up to the top. And of course, what's signal to one person is noise to another. Something to think about.

I suspect alot of youtubet who use clickbait titles and images hate having to do it.
So? They chose to act like scum so they should be tarred as such.
Like I said don't hate the player, hate the game.
No, it's the players and those who support them that are detestable. The game only exists because of those who support it.
This entire "click bait" issue for Roll for Combat is making people miss out a ton of useful content.
There is a lot of useful content in the sewers of your local city too, but do you delve in it just to find a valuable nugget? You can find lots of useful content without resorting to supporting scum.
Stop sharing, subscribing to, commenting and clicking on videos that contain sensationalized half-truths and inflammatory rumors.
ThE aLgOriThM will catch up.
Exactly!

SteveC

Doing the best imitation of myself
There is a lot of useful content in the sewers of your local city too, but do you delve in it just to find a valuable nugget? You can find lots of useful content without resorting to supporting scum.
That is incredibly insulting and also factually wrong. They BROKE the OGL story and did solid reporting on it. The story sent shockwaves through the gaming industry and we're still dealing with them today. What's with the need to be insulting on this? I remember people saying things like this when the story originally broke. I thought "even though they're a small channel, I know who these guys are. The ones attacking them? No idea."

Edited: I'm not going to break my resolution for Internet behavior because of this, so that's all I'll have to say to you.

Remove ads