Roll20's Latest Usage Report: D&D Steady, Cthulhu Down!

Roll20 has released it's latest quarterly report -- and has a new format which features less numbers but prettier graphics! Everything is percentages now, rather than absolute numbers.

D&D is in the lead as ever at 52.7% (down 1%), followed by Call of Cthulhu at 11.9% (down 4.4%) then Pathfinder at 3.2% (down 0.2%) (Pathfinder users apparently use Foundry these days). That's a big drop for Cthulhu which has been on a steady rise for the last year or two.

orrreport-2021-q3-in2.jpg

Some systems are called out --
  • Tormenta (Brazilian) rose 45%
  • Vampire the Masquerade rose 500%(!)
  • Powerd by the Apocalypse is up 130%
  • World of Darkness overall is up 550%
  • WFRP is up 50%
  • Modiphius' 2d20 is up 160%
Screen Shot 2021-11-12 at 1.25.13 AM.png

Lanefan

Victoria Rules
Until that 19.8%* "uncategorized" gets categorized, every system's placing on the list - other than 5e - has to be taken with a very large grain of salt.

* - on the pie chart. It's 14.65% on the actual list; and this is the second quarter in a row their numbers - on the same page! - don't agree with themselves.

MGibster

Legend
Until that 19.8%* "uncategorized" gets categorized, every system's placing on the list - other than 5e - has to be taken with a very large grain of salt.
I bet at least .8% of that is Cyborg Commando. In my mechanical heart of hearts I know this to be true.

Samurai

Adventurer
On the ratings for Star Wars and Star Trek, I can't help but feel that the settings' latest movies and TV shows (with only a few exceptions, like Mandalorian) have pretty much killed interest in younger players who didn't experience those universes in their heydays...

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases