• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Roll20's Latest Usage Report: D&D Steady, Cthulhu Down!

Roll20 has released it's latest quarterly report -- and has a new format which features less numbers but prettier graphics! Everything is percentages now, rather than absolute numbers. D&D is in the lead as ever at 52.7% (down 1%), followed by Call of Cthulhu at 11.9% (down 4.4%) then Pathfinder at 3.2% (down 0.2%) (Pathfinder users apparently use Foundry these days). That's a big drop for...

Roll20 has released it's latest quarterly report -- and has a new format which features less numbers but prettier graphics! Everything is percentages now, rather than absolute numbers.

D&D is in the lead as ever at 52.7% (down 1%), followed by Call of Cthulhu at 11.9% (down 4.4%) then Pathfinder at 3.2% (down 0.2%) (Pathfinder users apparently use Foundry these days). That's a big drop for Cthulhu which has been on a steady rise for the last year or two.

orrreport-2021-q3-in2.jpg

Some systems are called out --
  • Tormenta (Brazilian) rose 45%
  • Vampire the Masquerade rose 500%(!)
  • Powerd by the Apocalypse is up 130%
  • World of Darkness overall is up 550%
  • WFRP is up 50%
  • Modiphius' 2d20 is up 160%
Screen Shot 2021-11-12 at 1.25.13 AM.png

Lanefan

Victoria Rules
Until that 19.8%* "uncategorized" gets categorized, every system's placing on the list - other than 5e - has to be taken with a very large grain of salt.

* - on the pie chart. It's 14.65% on the actual list; and this is the second quarter in a row their numbers - on the same page! - don't agree with themselves.

MGibster

Legend
Until that 19.8%* "uncategorized" gets categorized, every system's placing on the list - other than 5e - has to be taken with a very large grain of salt.
I bet at least .8% of that is Cyborg Commando. In my mechanical heart of hearts I know this to be true.

Samurai

Adventurer
On the ratings for Star Wars and Star Trek, I can't help but feel that the settings' latest movies and TV shows (with only a few exceptions, like Mandalorian) have pretty much killed interest in younger players who didn't experience those universes in their heydays...

Remove ads

Remove ads