• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Rowaini Musketeers: One For All and All For One

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Enough to know about Heartmelt? I don't know, I think a lot of people around here know about it--it's properties are part and parcel of many old wive's tales and such. The other one that was supposedly used on Meleagant is more obscure. It would take someone with specific knowledge of poison to know about it, a generally illegal or at least dishonourable craft. Apparently it leaves no trace, though, other than its effects, so we have no proof about that one."

Fenris

Adventurer
Rystil Arden said:
"Enough to know about Heartmelt? I don't know, I think a lot of people around here know about it--it's properties are part and parcel of many old wive's tales and such. The other one that was supposedly used on Meleagant is more obscure. It would take someone with specific knowledge of poison to know about it, a generally illegal or at least dishonourable craft. Apparently it leaves no trace, though, other than its effects, so we have no proof about that one."

"I don't know that the two are truly connected. It would be all the more sinister if it were, but casts a certain young lady in a very unflattering light and implicates her involvement. Does Anne have any siblings, or does Aric?"

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Anne doesn't have any that came to the party," Tommy shakes his head, "She's the apple of her father's eye, which certainly makes sense considering the way she looks for a Baronet's daughter."

"I mean, she does have two sisters, but Anne's sisters are plain, bordering on what might be considered homely for a noble, so they can never go to parties. And her brother is a child yet."

"Well...I wasn't in the great hall that long, but I did see Ingrid, Aric's sister. She was with Percival and Meleagant when I first came down, I think."

Shayuri

First Post
"I know there's no proof," Jacen begins, "but if we, just for conversation's sake, conjecture that Anne asked Gabriel to duel with her father's sword because she knew it had this drug on it, knew about the drug in the bread, and knew the two together could be deadly...IF all that was true, it still doesn't explain -why- she'd want him dead. Surely just insults wouldn't warrant that."
He snaps his fingers.

"Oh! I meant to ask. Marie, why did Sabine want that brooch? Could it have been what the Pumpernickel was looking for in your room?"

Rystil Arden

First Post
"No, it doesn't really make sense. It's also too big a deal--she would have to have expected to be considered under suspicion if he died. If the poison had its usual effect, he might not have known it was from poison at all, and he certainly wouldn't have been advertising it, so no one would have probably discovered. That seems more reasonable"

"The brooch is a memento of our older sister who died. It's made of Heartstone...I didn't know her very well, but she was less than a year older than Sabine, so they were very close."

Velmont

First Post
"Masters, maybe you should also try to find who put the poison on the blade first. Does that poison put on the blade become ineffective after some time? If yes, that would give us an hint on who could have put the poison on it. If not, it could have been put longuer time ago. Preparing a blade properly with a poison that almost nobody knows about should not be a task that anyone can do." suggets Hyacinthe.

Rystil Arden

First Post
"We don't know for sure that anyone put the poison on the blade, though. All we have is slight circumstancial evidence and a suggestion from an unknown benefactress. For all we know, he may have died of something completely different, and Mlle X might have just been saying that because she wanted to distract us from something else."

"If it was indeed as she said, then the only two choices really are Anne and Gabriel. It's true, you can't just leave poison lying around on a sword."

Velmont

First Post
"No offence, but your are actually thinking like a noble, which mean you are thinking like the world is composed only people of your rank. The real thing is that I walked freely during the party and some people even mistake me for one of your servant even if I wasn't wearing your livery, so it would be even more easier for another servant to walk around your house during the party with your seravnt outfit without being even seen by anyone. Where was the sword before my master took it?"

Rystil Arden

First Post
"That's...that's a very good point. I think Gabriel said it was just lying in the coat room where people left coats, swords, and other things that they wore traveling."

(OOC: Since unleashed is busy, we'll just say Gabriel confirms that this is correct)

Remove ads