Would you only be able to hold a single mark per person or could you have several marks per fighter you have beaten?
Ex.. MidKnight has a sword that has the Mark power. He defeats Sidhe Li, thus gaining a mark against the fighter. Then, later, he fights Sidhe Li again but doesn't use the mark ability. He defeats Sidhe Li after a long bloody battle . Would you gain a second mark in this case or would you only be able to have one per person at a time?
I was thinking 1 per person at a time but multiple fighters can be marked. The 1 per person at a time means that a fighter would be foolish not to use the power in a fight against the marked person.
However, the item gives no benefit against unmarked people so it is only good if the person to be marked loses once in the first place.
As to the questions Phoenix asked.
1) I did not want the first power to cost only 5 yen - that seemed too cheap, but enabling a person to buy the item for 5 and then power it for 5 at a later date means the person does not have to hoard the yen until they have enough
2) I like "real", but if enough want "empowered" it won't hurt my feelings
3) I personally would prefer to keep the "crowd please" and "profiteer" powers sash only but its open to discussion. I already added "hard hitter" to the list of powers on the now
"completed" rules thread. I would argue in defense that the Dark and Light both have powers not available to other paths through items.
4) If we change the original item to being free then I could see this point - but I thought be keeping the "gift" always worth at least 5 yen it made gift giving a little more meaningful.
5) oops - all "at will" powers should only be used once per fight per power known - i will add this in
as to the consensus ideas - they are already incorporated