(Rules-Meta-YB) YB Items

Wicht

Hero
"Real" Personal Items
Any YB character can have and interact with any number of "In-Character" items, but these items can and will have no effect on the actual fights. They are mere window dressing to the Role-playing. (Likewise, no matter how "rich" your character is, they never have more yen then is generated randomnly.) However, characters are each allowed to purchase and develop one item to use in fights. This item can be anything the character desires, a sword, a ring, a feather, or even a giant flying turtle. But no matter what the item is, it cost 5 yen to purchase. Once purchased, the item is "real" but as yet it has no powers. Powers must be purchased for additional yen.

Items are allowed to have as many powers as a character possesses tiers. Thus an item owned by a white belt may only have 1 power, whilst an item owned by a Green belt may have up to 3 powers. Powers must be purchased for yen and if a character with a maximum empowered item loses a tier, they must forfiet a power from the item as well. Items can be given to another fighter but they lose all their powers. They do however remain "real." A fighter may only ever have one "real" personal item at a time.

Each power added to the item cost 5 yen multiplied by a Modifier Score. The Modifier Score begins as 1.
.....+1 is added to the modifier score for each power the item already possesses.
.....+1 is added if the power is an at will power as opposed to a power dependant on the generator (Dirty trick vs. Style)
.....+1 if the power is one already known by another Path and not by your path (excepting signature locations and mastery).

Thus an Honor fighter who had already purchased a sword and wanted to add a Signature style to the sword would pay 5 yen (5x1). A second signature style would cost an additional 10 yen (5x2). If after this the fighter wanted the sword to have the dirty trick power, the fighter would have to pay 25 yen (5x5).

The following powers are available for items. Notice that some of them require a previous power and some of them operate differently or stack with a Fighters personal powers.

Signature Style/location An items signature style or signature location adds +1 to a move but does not grant immunity. An items signature style can and will stack with a fighter's signature style if necessary.

Immunity An item can grant immunity to a signature style or location the item already knows.

Mastery An item can grant the user the ability to once per fight change the generated style or location to one the item already knows. This is an at will ability.

Dirty Trick This works just like the dirty trick known by Yakuza and Dark fighters. This is an at will ability

Sneaky Trick This works just like the sneaky trick known by Yakuza and Dark Fighters. An item may only ever possess this ability once. This is an at will ability.

Poison Blade This works just like the poison blade known by Yakuza and Dark Fighters. This is an at will ability.

Chi Strike This works just like the Chi Strike known by Honor and Light fighters. This is an at will ability.

Holy Day This works just like the Holy Day known by Light fighters. An item may only ever possess this power once. This is an at will ability.

Last edited:

Sabaron

First Post
I'm not 100% clear on "real" items; here's an example of how I THINK it's supposed to work, according to your rules:

Sabaron enchants his sword to give him Sword style. This is his "real" item. He can't enchant any other items. If he gives his sword to MidKnight, who has no "real" items, it loses its powers and becomes MidKnight's "real" item. Sabaron can now enchant a new item. MidKnight must enchant the sword, as it is his "real" item.

Is this correct?

Wicht

Hero
yes, that seems to be correct Sabaron - in other words characters can have as many things as they want, but may only ever have one item that has any real effect on the game.

LHH, Fighters already have items in their sigs. I think cutting it down to one item is a big improvement - plus I think there are ways to make the sigs of some fighters easier and more concise. I admit I wince everytime I see a sig that is 15-20 lines long. Plus I think most items will end up having only two or three powers.

By the by, I noticed I forgot Fist of fury - what other powers could be added to an item?

Kesh

First Post
This sounds really interesting. One question though: is there anyplace where all these powers are described? For instance, how does a Sneaky Trick work, etc.?

Wicht

Hero
Kesh said:
This sounds really interesting. One question though: is there anyplace where all these powers are described? For instance, how does a Sneaky Trick work, etc.?

If you missed the appropriate thread, look tomorrow for all the rules to be put together in one thread and you will have your answer.

Rathan

First Post
I'm impressed wicht.... very impressed....I've liked the idea of items (relics) sense we started to use them.... thing is...I would say some powers are a tad bit expensive IMO.... I mean... that all depends on how easy it is come come into yen when the new game starts..... will yen be more aviliable cause I mean I've had archangel for what..... a month now..and he's made 2 or 3 yen sense he started..... I'd say... maybe lowering the price of the abilities a bit.... maybe 3 or 4 yen x the modifier......

let me know what you think of my idea.....I;m just throwing this out......... hope you get a chance to see it..... :)

Wicht

Hero
Its a fine line between making it too cheap and making it too expensive. As I see it, the ability to make yen more easily and thus be more likely to empower an item is the chief advantage of the sash at this point.

Rathan

First Post
while that may be good for them....they do have powers as well just like the rest of the paths.....but by doing this.... you have givin them an oppertunity to become more powerfull than anyother path in the game..

seeing as they will have there tier powers plus have there items which I might add are going to be much easyer to obtain by them than anyone else.........

also....may I suggest that maybe..... after or during a fight putting in something like a yen move....only having it be an item...... for example....you know how you can get a yen if it comes up in a move.... well....do that with items as well...lesser items of course..... that way..... the players can either use them as there item....or sell it to make profit to build a better item....... how that idea sound to you???

of course.... getting items in a move... would have to be VERY rare in deed....... maybe as rare as move modifiers...*LOL*sorry...just had to say that..*LOL*

reiella

Explorer
Yen generation by an item is a bad idea imo.

Especially considering the sash mechanics for advancement and improving the item itself.

I do really like moving the 'risk' of lose of the item away. A few people knew how ticked I got at that fight with GrayDoom.

Also, I suggest keeping track of the item etc with the Fighter Registration thread.

It can easily fit in there (and with use of Quote blocks easy enough to seperate as well).

And just a quick one line summary of the items abilities in the battleframe (or just stated in the 'big frame' if you using one of those) when we get html re-enabled.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases