D&D 4E Running player commentary on PCat's 4E Campaign - Heroic tier (finished)

Sagiro

Rodent of Uncertain Parentage
100 to 200 weapons. You aren't sure how many humanoids there are out there - too dark! Your best guess was about 50.
Ah, got it. Well, assuming the five of us can collectively toss 1 weapon into the tower every 2 seconds (seems realistic once we get a moving-chain going, and since we're not trying to stack them neatly or anything), it would take between 3 and 7 minutes to get them all in... which is about how much time we think we have before the mob arrives, yes?

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Heh - me talk pretty one day. 100-200 weapons total, combining what's already in the tower with what's in the barges. These were weapon shipments 6 and 7 according to the notes on the cashbox; you'd guess that the barges are filled with almost 50 well-made spears, axes, swords, blowguns, and other weapons. You should be able to shift them into the tower within two minutes if you don't care about where they land. It'll make noise, though. Sound travels over water.

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
Alas, Strontium doesn't know Animal Messenger. According to his sheet, his three rituals are: Comprehend Languages, Tenser's Floating Disk, and Make Whole. Plus, we have a 4th ritual that can fix leaky boats and help with fishing.

In any case, we don't have any ritual components, so it's a moot point.

Ah well, c'est la vie!

Hey, it would be funny if the approaching army knew that there was a 'war golem' in the tower, but didn't know what a 'war golem' looked like, giving Strontium the opportunity to pretend to be their war golem :)

KidCthulhu

First Post
Ah well, c'est la vie!

Hey, it would be funny if the approaching army knew that there was a 'war golem' in the tower, but didn't know what a 'war golem' looked like, giving Strontium the opportunity to pretend to be their war golem :)

Actually, it's funny you should mention that. The final door at the bottom of the tower is barred from our side, and has a crude stick figure of a creature with curved sword arms. The Lizard men said it was a war god and only their leader could command it.

So good news, yes, there probably is a golem. Bad news, they know we don't control it.

Worse news? Figure with two curved swords? I'm just hoping they don't have Drizz't locked down there. Or I am hoping they do, and he ran out of food and water and had to eat Gywnhvar.

Besides, I mostly used the joke so Stron could say "Is it not risible?" Because THAT was the joke.

Ha! I played with Piratecat at AnonyCon this weekend in a game where he was playing an android, and he used that exact joke-- a fairly dumb set-up joke followed by "Is it not risible?" I attributed it to his awesome role-playing, but clearly you deserve the credit. :)

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Ha! I played with Piratecat at AnonyCon this weekend in a game where he was playing an android, and he used that exact joke-- a fairly dumb set-up joke followed by "Is it not risible?" I attributed it to his awesome role-playing, but clearly you deserve the credit. :)
If it makes you feel any better, I blatantly stole KidCthulhu's vocal pattern for that PC as well. A blatant rip-off from start to finish! But I did tell her when I got home. :)

Webby140

First Post
the group chose not to pursue my big plot hook for the evening. I expected that might happen and had a backup plan prepared, but I hadn't really expected it. It creates interestingly plotty stuff for the future, at least.
My group always seem to go for the side-quests, and some of our best sessions have been on inconsequential dungeons (although they always add to the flavour of the campaign.)

Remove ads