• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

SAGA: Help me convert this character

iwatt

First Post
So, I don't have SAGA, and I won't in the foreseeable future because of how expensive it is to bring physical books to Chile. And since they won't sell pdfs of them either, I'm SOL.

So maybe somebody can stat him up for me in SAGA, he's your typical jedi weapon master:

Torin Kol, Kel Dor, JGu5/JWM3;
CR 8;
Medium Humanoid;
HD 8d10+16; vp 79 wp 14;

Current VP: 79
Force points: 3
XP: 32,000

Init +4; Spd 10 m/x4;
AC 21(+7 class, +4 dex);
BAB +8/+3
Atk +17 One-handed (4d8,18-20, Lightsaber);
Full Atatck: +15/+15/+10 (4d8,18-20 Lightsaber) with Rapid Strike
SV Fort +8, Ref +10, Will +7;
Str 10(+0), Dex 18(+4), Con 14(+2), Int 14(+2), Wis 14(+2), Cha 8(-1);

Skills: Balance¹ +5, Craft (Lightsaber) +10, Tumble +10,
Force Skills: Battlemind +10, Enhance Ability +10, Farseeing +10, Force Stealth +10, Heal Self +7, Move Object +10.

Feats: Combat Expertise, Improved Disarm, Exotic Weapon Proficiency(Lightsaber),
Force-Sensitive(Free at 1st Level), Weapon Finesse(Lightsaber),
Weapon Focus(Lightsaber), Alter(Taken at Level 3), Control(Taken at Level 1),
Burst of Speed, Sense(Taken at Level 3), Knight Speed.

Weapon Masteries: Rapid Strike (1 extra attack)
Equipment: Jedi Robes, Field Kit, Comlink, Energy Cells (20)*, Atmospheric
Canisters (1 year supply), Adrenaline Regulator (+2 Ref)

Lightsaber: Danite crystal: 2d8 base, Eralam Crystal (+3 to hit).

Attack +17/+12 = +8/+3 (BAB) + 4 Dex + 3 (crystal) + 1 (Self Crafted) + 1 (Weapon Focus)

Encumbrance 10.1

Personality: Torin has trained all his life to be a jedi Knight. His single
minded devotion and focus has caused him to develop a very aloof personality.
His inability to express himself have led him to focus in the martial aspect of
the jedi order. He appears cold and emotionless to those who don't know him,
and some have called him arrogant, although this isn't actually true. His lack
of social skills leads him to hold firmly to every single aspect of the jedi
code, and to shut himself from forming bonds with non-jedi, who he doesn't
understand.

Although an extremely gifted duelist, Kol generally tries to disarm his opponents
rather than kill them. He has trained extensively into becoming a bodyguard,
usually placing himself before his charges and defending them until the last
second.

I know that dump statting Cha isn't the best choice in SAGA, but it was a design choice for the character: i.e. very aloof jedi. Besides, I always play high charisma characters, and I was aiming for a different challenge. He's a character in a PbP, so it isn't like we have all that much combat for him to dominate in. His brutal to hit bonus is mostly used up in defense or when disarming :D

drothgery

First Post
Hmm... to start out

Kel Dor Jedi 7/Jedi Knight 1 (unless you want to change his level, this is the build you want)

Kel Dor Species traits
+2 Wis, +2 Dex, -2 Con (I'm going to assume your stats won't change)
Can reroll Use the Force checks to sense the force or search your feelings
Low-light vision
Need special equipment to survive in worlds where humans can breathe normally

Feats:
(you may want to drop a feat in favor of Skill Focus (Use the Force), probably by dropping down to a single Force Training)

-Jedi starting feats
Force Sensitivity, Weapon Prof (lightsabers, simple weapons)

-3 free bonus feats (level 1, level 3, level 6)
Force Training (Farseeing, Battle Strike, Move Object)
Force Training (Surge, Force Disarm, Vital Transfer)
Melee Defense

-3 Jedi bonus feats (level 2, 4, 6)
Improved Disarm
Rapid Strike
Weapon Focus (lightsaber)

Trained Skills (2 base + 2 int)
Acrobatics
Initiative
Use the Force
1 TBA

Talents: 4 Jedi talents, 1 Jedi Knight talent
-Jedi
Force Haze
3 TBA (Block, Deflect, and Redirect Shot are stereotypical; also consider Weapon Specialization in lighsabers)

-Jedi Knight
1 TBA (consider Greater Weapon Focus, Greater Weapon Specialization, or a lightsaber form talent)

Last edited:

iwatt

First Post
drothgery said:
Hmm... to start out

Kel Dor Jedi 7/Jedi Knight 1 (unless you want to change his level, this is the build you want)
Yup.

Kel Dor Species traits
+2 Wis, +2 Dex, -2 Con (I'm going to assume your stats won't change)
Can reroll Use the Force checks to sense the force or search your feelings
Low-light vision
Need special equipment to survive in worlds where humans can breathe normally

Nice stats for the Kel Dor race :D And yes, don't worry about stat changes.

Feats:
(you may want to drop a feat in favor of Skill Focus (Use the Force), probably by dropping down to a single Force Training)

Well, he was never envisioned as the greatest force user. His main focus was Battlemind and Enhance Ability.

-Jedi starting feats
Force Sensitivity, Weapon Prof (lightsabers, simple weapons)

-3 free bonus feats (level 1, level 3, level 6)
Force Training (Farseeing, Battle Strike, Move Object)
Force Training (Surge, Force Disarm, Vital Transfer)
Melee Defense

Of those, I understand most of them except Battle Strike.

-3 Jedi bonus feats (level 2, 4, 6)
Improved Disarm
Rapid Strike
Weapon Focus (lightsaber)

How does Rapid strike work? Bonus damage, or -5 for an extra attack? I just leveled up and took rapid strike, and it hasn't seen much use. So it isn't like I'm attached to it.

Trained Skills (2 base + 2 int)
Acrobatics
Initiative
Use the Force
1 TBA

All those skills spent on Craft lightsaber coming back to bite me. Mechanics maybe?

Talents: 4 Jedi talents, 1 Jedi Knight talent
-Jedi
Force Haze
3 TBA (Block, Deflect, and Redirect Shot are stereotypical; also consider Weapon Specialization in lighsabers)

-Jedi Knight
1 TBA (consider Greater Weapon Focus, Greater Weapon Specialization, or a lightsaber form talent)

What does Force haze do?
Forms: He uses a lot of disarming, but he also was very defense focused. I was thinking Soresu.

drothgery

First Post
iwatt said:
Of those, I understand most of them except Battle Strike.

It lets you do extra damage in combat. I figured it was about the closest analogue to some of your self-buffing Force skills.

iwatt said:
How does Rapid strike work? Bonus damage, or -5 for an extra attack? I just leveled up and took rapid strike, and it hasn't seen much use. So it isn't like I'm attached to it.

-2 to hit for +1 damage die.

iwatt said:
All those skills spent on Craft lightsaber coming back to bite me. Mechanics maybe?

If you want. Crafting a lightsaber works off of Use the Force now, so you don't really need it, so you might want to pick up Perception or Pilot or a Knowledge skill instead.

iwatt said:
What does Force haze do?

Lets you use the force to hide yourself (and others). I gave you that because you had Force Stealth.

iwatt said:
Forms: He uses a lot of disarming, but he also was very defense focused. I was thinking Soresu.

I don't remember the mechanics for this off the top of my head, but that'd work.
You might also want the Battle Mediation talent rather than grabbing all three of the block/deflect/redirect shot sequence.

iwatt

First Post
Donovan Morningfire said:
Question to the OP:
Do you actually have a copy of the book? Majority of your questions are answered in the descriptions of the feats/powers/effects there-in.

No I don't have the book. paying a 100% markup in taxes and shipping for a book, besides having to wait for near a month, doesn't appeal to me. I,m not asking for mechanics here, but more of a feel for the proper conversion to present to my PbP GM, who I know is a fan of SAGA. More of an intellectual exercise than anything else. ;)

drothgery:

thanx for the clarification. Force Haze fit's the character perfectly then, since he's used force stealth a lot.

Skillwise, I guess since the concept is of a very cloistered padawan, Knowledge(Jedi) is the best fit.

Talentwise: Battle meditation sounds cool, whatever it does. I'll take one of those. :D weapon Specialization as well. That leaves me with one more talent. Block?

And for jedi knight talent, One of the forms, whichever is stylistically apropriate.

I really apreciate this, thanxs :)

drothgery

First Post
iwatt said:
Skillwise, I guess since the concept is of a very cloistered padawan, Knowledge(Jedi) is the best fit.

Knowledge(galactic lore), then. The Knowledge skill list got cut down, too.

iwatt said:
Talentwise: Battle meditation sounds cool, whatever it does. I'll take one of those. :D weapon Specialization as well. That leaves me with one more talent. Block?

Battle meditation lets you spend a force point to give every ally within 6 squares (9m / 30 ft) of you a +1 to hit until the end of the encounter. Take Block if you're in a lot of lightsaber duels (or otherwise fighting people in melee); take Deflect if you're usually getting shot at with blasters.

iwatt said:
And for jedi knight talent, One of the forms, whichever is stylistically apropriate.

The defensive-oriented form talents are
Jar'Kai: Double bonus from lightsaber defense when wielding two lightsabers (pre-req: lightsaber defense, Niman)
Makashi: Double bonus from lightsaber defense when wielding a single lightsaber (pre-req: lightsaber defense)
Niman: +1 to ref and will def when wielding a lightsaber
Shii-Cho: reduces the penalties on successive block/deflect attempts (pre-req: block, deflect)

iwatt said:
I really apreciate this, thanxs :)

Not a problem.

iwatt

First Post
A he's not really a buffer (someone else in the party has taken that role).

So Talentwise it would be Weap Spec, Block, Deflect, and Lightsaber Defense. Take Makashi the next Knight Talent I get :D

That pretty much clinches it, thanks. :D

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads