• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Sailors on the Seas of Fate - Rana Mor!

Wik

First Post
"They ran away. I didn't see that coming." Zariv says, a bit distastefully.

"What a waste of my talents. I was going to summon a hound from the very depths of... but no matter. Someone should search the body. Chtat! Follow the warriors, from a distance."

Zariv will send his raven to follow the fleeing tribesmen, from a fairly high height, to at least see where they go. He'll come back with a report in five or ten minutes - he won't follow for very long.

Lorthanoth

Explorer
After a brief while, Chtat returns to report rather peevishly that the tribesmen have melted away into the jungle (figuratively, not literally). Even with his avian eyesight, he can't really track them; they seem to have gone to ground and split up.

Shayuri

First Post
Anemone glowers after them, then shrugs and starts healing what wounds she can.

"I suppose we know why we're supposed to beware the Banda now," she comments.

(I'll post what heals I cast this evening...don't got my spell list here)

Lorthanoth

Explorer
Lorthanoth said:
Darrezan's Journal

Rana Mor was dedicated to the Thunder King, who was the leader of the Rangka pantheon, but in later years it was reconsecrated to Nhar Phull, the death god, by the Priest-Lord Sangket. Darrezan suspects that Nhar Phull is an aspect or pseudonym of the Lord of the Dead or Narul. Other Rangka dieties have similar analogues in northern pantheons.

The jungles south of Coral bay are the territory of the Banda, a degenerate tribe descended from the Rangka people. Darrezan describes them as headhunters and death-worshippers.

Rana Mor's central temple guarded the burial crypts of the Rangka kings. Six kings are interred there: Angket Re, Angkien Mu, Suoddhara, Vrimu Atka, Prayasiddhra, and Bhuondisva the Seer-King.

Bhuondisva was known as the Seer-King because he was a powerful wizard. The Rain Tiger gem was his prized possession.

Funerary processions were occasions of great secrecy. The priests of Rana Mor never allowed any outsiders to enter the central temple.

Dangerous glyphs guard the most important Rangka tombs. A note beside the entry on Bhuondisva says, "Crypt barred by glyphs ke and indhu?"

OOC: The above information is from the journal.

Wik

First Post
"I believe the attacks made against will only increase in frequency as we approach the ruins. It would seem these tribal degenerates are interested in driving us away from what would be seen as an ancestral home, or a spiritual centre. Damned overzealous fools, if you ask me - religion consists of little more than fully believing in hell, rather than merely suspecting its presence. In any case, we should stand a better watch, for when the next inevitable attack comes. And I will prepare more spells better suited to scaring away large groups of savages."

Redclaw

First Post
Theon shrugs, I think you give these savages more credit than they deserve. They are mere shadows of their ancestors and likely have no understanding of the significance of where we are going. They just attack to attack when they see someone on the river.

Shayuri

First Post
Anemone gazes levelly at Zariv, "Yes, just like those idiots who believe in wizardry and magic. Superstitious nonsense, if you ask me."

Redclaw

First Post
Theon chuckles quietly to himself, enjoying the exchange. All I believe in is gold and steel, and a little bit of cleverness in the right places.

Wik

First Post
Zariv merely smiles sardonically at Anenome. "You put your faith in some supernatural fool, and I'll put my faith in myself. We'll see who lives longer."

Remove ads