• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Scales of War #1 Rescue at Rivenroar (Full)

Thanee

First Post
Now, I've seen it, too. Must have been a '1' on my Spot check. :lol:

Looks like some of those are from the Dark Sun Campaign Setting... I was getting that book, eventually, anyways. So I will take a look in there.

Apparantly, the Themes from Dragon don't seem to mesh very well with ranged attacks, so the ones from Dark Sun might be a more fitting choice.

Bye
Thanee

Goken100

First Post
That's a cool idea. The re-flavoring that tiornys' link suggest is pretty good for using the Dark Sun themes ins more generic fantasy setting like this campaign. The Athasian Minstrel becomes a Court Minstrel, the Dune Trader becomes a Traveling Merchant, etc.

Goonalan

Legend
Supporter
I've read through all of the above, I figure we're seven people with a common goal- we can make anything work, there may have to be some considerations for PBP but mostly it's going to be defined by circumstance.

If we have to skip back in time to take in to an account an 'altered better' dice roll then so be it... if it begins to drag that we have to do it a lot then... we'll figure a rule.

Obviously there are going to be moments when players are going to want to call for a better roll- that just means we wait on an answer from the PC with the power.

If we can deal with them by thinking of them as multi-purpose readied actions, if any of the following circumstances are true then sub dice roll with 'x', then that'd be fine too.

It shouldn't be a great concern, we can make more or less anything work.

Oh and a wonderful discussion by the way, I look forward to seeing some of the new themed PCs at Level 2.

Cheers Goonalan

pS approx. a third of the way through designing the maps for the next scenario... having much fun.

RavenBlackthorne

First Post
Hi all,

Just a little note to say that I'm MDing a show this week so I'll be in very-long-hours-rehearsals all week.

I'll have my iphone with me so will try to keep things updated as regular but just a pre warning incase I don't get a chance. If I haven't posted within the 24 hour limit, please do take control of Viator. He'll mostly hang back and Dimensional Scramble, but if you can think of an interesting use for Far Hand or Forceful Shove do go with it. You guys probably have a feel for him by now.

It's unlikely to happen but thought I'd let you know.

Thanks for all the ideas on themes. I'm full of ideas now!

Goken100

First Post
Hehe, nobody chiming in on the Deadeye issue. I think it's just natural to do the fun stuff and ignore the niggling details like the fate of captured enemies.

Any chance of Deadeye dropping dead due to empeeceez disease? I hear it's quite a painless way to go. :)

Thanee

First Post
We could just leave him with the Sewer Rats? Otherwise, dunno... bind him and throw him into one of the crypts? :uhoh:

Anyways... how high is the ceiling in the fungus caverns below, where the drakes are?

Thinking about tying Kyalia to a rope and lower her just enough, so she can fire at the whole cave... if they cannot reach her, they are out of luck down there, then... ;)

Bye
Thanee

RavenBlackthorne

First Post
Hehe, nobody chiming in on the Deadeye issue. I think it's just natural to do the fun stuff and ignore the niggling details like the fate of captured enemies.

Any chance of Deadeye dropping dead due to empeeceez disease? I hear it's quite a painless way to go. :)

I'm all for trying to recondition Deadeye by making him Spizz's lackey. Thereby empowering Spizz (who seems quite taken at the mo!) and reducing Deadeye's confidence. Maybe makingthe both of them willing to pay off their debt to our society and rehabilitating them.

Viator's really into head games and healing the mind. :)

[MENTION=478]Thanee[/MENTION] BRILLIANT surprise round!

Goken100

First Post
Party housekeeping

I'll roll some more dice to see who gets the healing potions, as we did before. If anyone sees any reason to specifically assign them to anyone that's cool too, but I'm guessing it's all good.

1 - Velani
2 - Freggo
3 - Kali
4 - Viator
5 - Ah-shahran
6 - Kyalia

Results: 1 for Ah-shahran, and 1 for Kyalia. I don't think it's a problem that Ah-shahran would have two total, since we assigned the first one to him. We REALLY don't want our healer to drop, and if he does drop we want to be able to force a potion down his throat, which is easy if the potion is on his person already.

As for determining what to do with Deadeye, here's what I have:

Velani - No input
Freggo - Wants to leave him behind, doesn't trust
Kali - Trusts and wants to give him his bow
Viator - Wants him to be Spizz's minion
Ah-shahran - No input
Kyalia - Suggested locking him up

That's basically 2 for bringing, 2 against. Anyone else want to weigh in? DM, any input?

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads