• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Scales of War #1 Rescue at Rivenroar (Full)

Thanee

First Post
So, at least, we managed to make them both really angry now. :D

Bye
Thanee

P.S. I used the "mention", so he should get a note to look into the above post. It's kinda like sending a PM, really. :)

Goonalan

Legend
Supporter
Every now and then I come across some beautiful maps- not the crap I make, but pro stuff. Would you mind if I see a chance I can slot one or two of them in for an encounter- if they look right etc.

The entrances may not match up exactly but I'll do the best I can to make everything clear- what's what etc...

Just some of these are stunning work, and I want to show them off...

Answers on a post.

Cheers PDR

PS How am I doing- what can I improve upon, what's not working for you etc.

Any comments appreciated, particularly ways in which I can improve.

Goken100

First Post
Every now and then I come across some beautiful maps- not the crap I make, but pro stuff. Would you mind if I see a chance I can slot one or two of them in for an encounter- if they look right etc.

The entrances may not match up exactly but I'll do the best I can to make everything clear- what's what etc...

Just some of these are stunning work, and I want to show them off...

Answers on a post.

Cheers PDR

PS How am I doing- what can I improve upon, what's not working for you etc.

Any comments appreciated, particularly ways in which I can improve.

Heck ya, bring on the fancy maps. Who doesn't like some eye candy?

How are you doing? Well frankly I'm getting a little annoyed. How am I supposed to cope with regular DMs with you setting the bar so high? I guess I'll just suffer.

In all seriousness, it really is a great game. I might have some requests as far as content as we get down the road, but that's just cause I'm having so much fun. Game on! :)

Thanee

First Post
Yep, pretty maps are always good... though the ones you made are very nice, already. :)

Bye
Thanee

P.S. I have posted again for Freggo, but I suppose you will continue on from here, Goken100?

tiornys

Explorer
Agreed with the above. I've been loving the game, so I'd say keep doing what you're doing! If I see something specific that could maybe be improved, I'll mention it, but nothing comes to mind offhand.

t~

Goonalan

Legend
Supporter
[MENTION=16069]Goonalan[/MENTION] if I took a single run move from where I am would I have Line of Sight to the upper floor via the first pit?

Alas no, from where you are it is 11 squares to get you back in to the Mushroom Chamber, the stairs here descend nearly thirty feet, falling damage only 2d10 because of the mud really.

But if you get past this Drake (if!) then, well... still a long way off.

Remember it took you a double run to get you to the top of the stairs from the Mushroom chamber, from the Combat Report-

Viator- Double Move (Run) to -A6. Action Point (1). Dimensional Scramble Drake #1- Miss.

Cheers PDR

Goonalan

Legend
Supporter
Heck ya, bring on the fancy maps. Who doesn't like some eye candy?

How are you doing? Well frankly I'm getting a little annoyed. How am I supposed to cope with regular DMs with you setting the bar so high? I guess I'll just suffer.

In all seriousness, it really is a great game. I might have some requests as far as content as we get down the road, but that's just cause I'm having so much fun. Game on! :)

Yep, pretty maps are always good... though the ones you made are very nice, already. :)

Bye
Thanee

P.S. I have posted again for Freggo, but I suppose you will continue on from here, Goken100?

Agreed with the above. I've been loving the game, so I'd say keep doing what you're doing! If I see something specific that could maybe be improved, I'll mention it, but nothing comes to mind offhand.

t~

Add me to the yes to maps, yes to great work!

The maps we're using so far (in the Rivenroar Cyrpts) are very basic, they're ones I made when I first started playing 4e via Maptools approx 2-3 years ago- whenever the scenarios came out (I forgetwhen- I'm getting old).

I've just finished building all the maps for the second Scales of War module- and populating it as it were, I'm reworking the story a little, but that goes without saying. Again these are all maps that I have made from scratch, although later on I change style a little- and some I'm still unhappy with.

I make the maps in Maptool, and using Paint (how basic is that), I need to get hold of photoshop, and then work out how to use it- I come from a time before PCs so a lot of this stuff is pretty new to me. Work bought me a laptop (actually Ipad/book)- I walk it to work each day, and then walk it home with me, other than surfing the internet (to check these threads) then... it's another world.

Anyway I keep seeing really good maps- like the Nentir Inn in Fallcrest, that have been done by pros, I'm going to swap a few out if I can- get a bit more atmos in- but only if I can make them fit without too much bending.

Thanks for the kudos, but seriously- tell me stuff I can do better, I'm old skool- I don't mind compliments but I'm aware I'm an impatient nasty bugger at times, which I also don't mind. Pick me up when I need picking up- and suggest things that can work better, as and when you see them.

Lastly, a big thank you- you all play this game so well, it's easy being me in this PBP, plenty to do at times but that's not a chore... I'm enjoying it- if all PBPs are like this I'm going to consider retiring early and just playing games...

Back to the game for a mo-

I've had a look ahead and the XP ahead and I'm still going to enforce my cap, however I don't think it's going to be a big issue, you're only just going to get to it anyway (probably).

And I don't know how you think you're doing from my POV (with hindsight) you're taking me to the cleaners- keep thinking of alternative solutions, not every encounter has to end in fisticuffs- I'm all for improvising...

Keep on keeping on.

Last PS- Gaming tonight so I'll not be about till late.

Thanee

First Post
What does Freggo's Encounter Attack Power "Sword of Sigils" do? :)

And what is "Heroic Effort" (that one seems to be his "extra At-Will power" (or at least in its place) from being a Human - it sure does sound like something that might help when spending an AP)?

I can only look it up later today, when I am at home (where my books are ;)).

Bye
Thanee

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads