Not open for further replies.

Taelorn76

First Post
just a
skullbump.TXT

Beholder Bob

First Post
Spell lists...

Hello oh wise sage. I need to obtain the spell list for new spells from R&R I & II. Not the entire spells, just the new spell names and the mini-blurb that describes them. I have the books, but I need to make a composite list for the players in my game. Is any such list about? Could you make one? :D

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Well give me a couple days, might have something for you. But as far as I know, no one else has made such a list.

Beholder Bob

First Post
Nightfall said:
Well give me a couple days, might have something for you. But as far as I know, no one else has made such a list.

Thank you very much :D !

just assumed a list would be out there, but perhaps I'm more anal retentive then most. I like all my data for gaming in files for easy manipulation.

B :) b

Nightfall

I'll settle for converting my friend to the Scarred Lands. Damn heathen is still junked up on the D&D Mini game. :p But it's not a problem Bob.

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Hey, here's a question for you. Given the tight cosmology of the Scarred Lands, do the racial Gods (such as Goran of the dwarves) feel a little awkward? They seem to open a whole can of worms; if dwarves have their own god, why not every other race? I'm a little divided on how I would deal with this, or whether it's better just to ignore the inconsistency.

Harlock

First Post
P-kitty, it hasn't been stated, but I think all the divine races may have racial gods. I don't really see a can of worms, however. The racial gods are demigods. The Gods are mostly alignment gods (to sum it up quite crudely) and the titanspawn, well they worship titans.

Nightfall

Piratecat said:
Hey, here's a question for you. Given the tight cosmology of the Scarred Lands, do the racial Gods (such as Goran of the dwarves) feel a little awkward? They seem to open a whole can of worms; if dwarves have their own god, why not every other race? I'm a little divided on how I would deal with this, or whether it's better just to ignore the inconsistency.
Not necessarily. Each racial god (so far there are only four I can see) is just a kind of exemplar example of what the race should be about. Now not every race has a god. Some, like gnolls, follow ancestors or spirits, or even a crude form of Ushada(sp). Most are titan worshippers, since that's their nature. The Divine races, which basically covers the PHB, have the Eight Victors and then a few have their own racial gods. Gnomes are the exception to this rule, but by in large, mountain dwarves, dark and high/forsaken elves, and halflings are the only known racial gods I can think of off hand. Trogodon/Asaatthi don't count since the vast majority follow Mormo. As for why this happens, why did Christianity survive when it was just 12 guys and a few girls? Why did the Romans go from actively hating Christians and Jews to converting? It's one of this freakly little things that happens. Does it make sense? Not always. But remember, when you have racial gods, all of them are well below the power and awe that the Eight invoke. So unlike having Correllon and Pelor dance around each other, it's more like Correllon pays homage to Pelor who tells him how it is. And that's how it goes. The Eight were first born and this instance, it means a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads