• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Sell me on True20!

BSF

Explorer
I hope you enjoy the system. It really is a toolkit approach and has a lot of capability. Building a cross-genre campaign should be very workable. Good luck and good gaming!

Urizen

First Post
Brutorz Bill said:
Well the Revised True20 book is now on my "To Buy" list. In the meantime I will keep running my C&C Fantasy Campaign, but once I've got a handle of the True20 rules, I'll be running a True20 playtest and we'll see how it goes. I like the idea of not being "bound" by classes.
I'm wanting to run a cross-genre Campaign next and True20 sounds like what I've been looking for.
Thanks again for everyone's input. I really appreciate it!
Also wanted to add, I just stumbled upon Blight Elves! Great reviews for it and it sounds really cool. So I just ordered the print version of it. Mwha ha ha!!

Sweet!

Thanks for your support, and I hope you enjoy Blight Elves!

Brutorz Bill

First Post
Urizen said:
Sweet!

Thanks for your support, and I hope you enjoy Blight Elves!

You are very welcome. Just read over the Blight Elves PDF, yikes! These are some twisted elves!! Not your great grandpappy's Friendly Fairy types by any means!
And I mean that in a good way. LOL
I also picked up the Fantasy Paths PDF from Green Ronin. Not planning on running a straight Fantasy Campaign next time, but one of my player's apparently MUST play a Ranger type in whatever we play. I also figured looking at the Fantasy Paths breakdown of the traditional classes would help me see how to work up stuff on my own.

Urizen

First Post
Brutorz Bill said:
You are very welcome. Just read over the Blight Elves PDF, yikes! These are some twisted elves!! Not your great grandpappy's Friendly Fairy types by any means!
And I mean that in a good way. LOL
I also picked up the Fantasy Paths PDF from Green Ronin. Not planning on running a straight Fantasy Campaign next time, but one of my player's apparently MUST play a Ranger type in whatever we play. I also figured looking at the Fantasy Paths breakdown of the traditional classes would help me see how to work up stuff on my own.

Yeah, Blight elves are pretty nasty. :) They make great villains for any fantasy setting.

You can't go wrong with the Fantasy Paths PDF too. There are some really good templates in there you can use to whip up any standard "D&D" class.

Darrin Drader

Explorer
I'll second Fantasy Paths. It kind of takes the jumble of feats and helps make sense of them. You're always free to substitute one feat for another though, so you can customize your character to your liking, which is really one of the beauties of the True20 system.

Brutorz Bill said:
Not planning on running a straight Fantasy Campaign next time, but one of my player's apparently MUST play a Ranger type in whatever we play.
I'm currently playing a ranger.

I am using the holy warrior role from the True20 Companion, with the list of available powers limited to a dozen or so "ranger" type ones.

Its a great approach if you like spellcasting rangers (I do), but the lack of skill points (only 2 per level) is very frustrating at times.

Its largely my own fault though - the great fluff in the write-up of half-elves in the GM's setting notes made me switch to a half-elf when I'd originally intended playing a human.

Brutorz Bill

First Post
The Fantasy Paths has proven to be really helpful in making me understand how to make the feats and such work for me. Is there a Monk and Druid Path out there? Not that I want/need to have all the base D&D classes done up for True20 just curious.

bento

Explorer
Brutorz Bill said:
The Fantasy Paths has proven to be really helpful in making me understand how to make the feats and such work for me. Is there a Monk and Druid Path out there? Not that I want/need to have all the base D&D classes done up for True20 just curious.
Not full class outlines, but additional druid abilities appeared in the Companion book. This should appear in the Revised edition as well.

Brutorz Bill

First Post
Aah, There's my thread! Thought I'd lost it. :)
So no Fantasy Path for the Druid per se, but I can build if if I need to? I can live with that.
Thanks!

jaldaen

First Post
Here's another reason to get True20: Nevermore... and its campaign setting gazetteer is free! The supplements are only $6.00 each so you can pick and choose the domains you want to delve into. Last but not least... the big book is coming for Gen Con and bundles everything together in a nice easy to use campaign setting book ;)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads