• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Serenity RPG] Across the 'Verse - OOC.

Maerdwyn

First Post
Brought Aaron and Tatjana over to the present in the other thread, and retconned a bit to put them near Derek.

We'll still finish the flaskback up to see how things get left on Persephone, but as a I say, I don't thin there's too much more there.

My posting will be a little slow over the next few days, so feel free to take some liberties with NPC responses if they are needed to move the conversation along a bit, but I'll post when I can.

Thanee

First Post
Almost tripped over the carpet. :lol:

Closing in and knocking the guy out seems like the best approach, so that's what Tatjana will do.

Obviously, chances are good, that he is still conscious after one attack, so I would probably take a penalty to make more than one (like two? or even three? what's a reasonable limit)? If that is even possible... maybe just one attack and then an initiative roll would be more appropriate to see, whether she can strike him again in time? Definitely want to see him unconscious before he can sound an alarm. I would even "waste" an action (i.e. take a -1 penalty) to be ready catch him, so he doesn't slump to the ground noisily.

Hmm, an extraordinary success with STUN Damage should knock him out (not that unlikely, really; it's just a 10 right now). I suppose, I can choose between STUN and BASIC (with Mean Left Hook), right? :)

Bye
Thanee

Maerdwyn

First Post
With an extraordinary success on unarmed, he still gets a Endurance+Vitality check to avoid a knockout, but yeah, that could work. And you can choose between stun and basic damage.

Declare how many actions you would like to make (since the penalty for multiple actions applies to all rolls that round) I think two attacks plus an attempt to catch him, or three attcks without trying to catch him, is a reasonable limit)

If you make multiple attacks and the the first one doesn't take him down, we'll roll initiative to see whether he gets to react and get his normal defense before the next one lands. You still get to make all the attacks; it's just a question of the defense he gets to mount. Does that reasonable?

For expedience sake, if necessary, he rolls an 9 for initiative and a 5 for his innate defense if he reacts fast enough to try to avoid that next blow.

Last edited:

Thanee

First Post
With an extraordinary success on unarmed, he still gets a Endurance+Vitality check to avoid a knockout...

Ah, right... there was also this part (as with aimed attacks). :)

Declare how many actions you would like to make (since the penalty for multiple actions applies to all rolls that round) I think two attacks plus an attempt to catch him, or three attcks without trying to catch him, is a reasonable limit)

Ok, making two and keep an action to catch him plus the movement (I suppose Walk is enough? 15 ft. distance; that doesn't even cost an action). Would only result in a -1 step penalty then.

If you make multiple attacks and the the first one doesn't take him down, we'll roll initiative to see whether he gets to react and get his normal defense before the next one lands. You still get to make all the attacks; it's just a question of the defense he gets to mount. Does that reasonable?

For expedience sake, if necessary, he rolls an 9 for initiative and a 5 for his innate defense if he reacts fast enough to try to avoid that next blow.

Ok.

Let's see...

Bye
Thanee

G

Guest 11456

[sblock=Gorram Chinese To English][sblock=A-D][sblock=A][sblock= Ai Chr Jze Se Duh Fohn Diang Gho]Crazy dog in love with its own feces.[/sblock][sblock= Ai Yah Tien Ah]Merciless hell.[/sblock][/sblock][sblock=B][sblock=Ba Wong]Tyrant, iron-fisted ruler.[/sblock][sblock=Bai Lih Mohn]Daydream or wishful thinking.[/sblock][sblock=Bai Tuo, Uhn Jin Yee Dien]We will enjoy your silence now.[/sblock][sblock=Bao Bei]Precious, darling, sweetheart.[/sblock][sblock=Bao Jone]Take care, stay healthy; literally “maintain weight.”[/sblock][sblock=Bei Bi Shiou Ren]Pathetic wretch; literally “shameless dirty little person.”[/sblock][sblock=Bi Jweh]Shut up.[/sblock][sblock=Bi Jweh, Lung Wuo Mun Fah Tsai]Shut up and make us wealthy.[/sblock][sblock=Bie Woo Lohng]Commit blunder of great magnitude.[/sblock][sblock=Bu Goh]Not enough.[/sblock][sblock=Bu Kuh Nuhn]Impossible.[/sblock][sblock=Buhn Dahn]Idiot, moron; literally “stupid egg.”[/sblock][sblock=Byen Dah Tah Muhn Dug Bay Jo Go Lai]A switch to those girls’ backsides is just good enough.[/sblock][/sblock][sblock=C][sblock=Chai Neow]Oddball or a goof.[/sblock][sblock=Cheong Bao Ho Tze]Monkey raping.[/sblock][sblock=Ching Ahn Jing Yi Dien]Please be quiet.[/sblock]
[sblock=Ching Soh]Ruthless or savage beast of a person.[/sblock][sblock=Chui Se]Go to hell; literally “go die.”[/sblock][sblock=Chwee Ni Duh]Screw you.[/sblock][sblock=Chwen]Dumbass, descriptive; literally “retarded.”[/sblock][sblock=Chwen Joo]Idiot, moron; literally “retarded pig.”[/sblock][/sblock][sblock=D]
[sblock=D’un Yi Shia]Wait/hold on a second.[/sblock][sblock=Da Chow Jing Ser]Agitate someone out of hiding; literally “beating the grass to startle the snake.”[/sblock][sblock=Da Chung Wu Dahn]Impressive display or visage but no substance; literally “big gun, no bullet.”[/sblock][sblock=Da Gher Da]Gang or faction leader, for male, slang.[/sblock][sblock=Da Jeh Da]Gang or faction leader, for female, slang.[/sblock][sblock=Da Kai Sa Jeh]Fire at will or terminate with extreme prejudice, meaning “breaking the Buddhist vow against killing.”[/sblock][sblock=Da Shiong La Se La Ch’wohn Tian]Explosive diarrhea of an elephant.[/sblock][sblock=Da Yeh]Sir, following the name.[/sblock][sblock=Dao-Gao-Yee-Chi Moh-Gao-Yee-Juhn]Out do someone or doing one better, expression; literally “the solution advances a yard, the problem advances a mile.”[/sblock][sblock=Di]Little brother; more intimate and connotes blood relation.[/sblock][sblock=Di-Di]Little brother.[/sblock][sblock=Dohn, Dohn-Ma?]Understand?[/sblock][sblock=Dohn Luh Mah?]Are we clear?[/sblock][sblock=Dohn-Luh-Mah?]Are we clear here?[/sblock][sblock=Duhn Ruhn]Of course.[/sblock][/sblock][/sblock][sblock=F-H][sblock=F][sblock=F’n Zse]Pool of excrement, can be used in an expression for “deep crap.”[/sblock][sblock=Fah Shiang Jing]Going nuts.[/sblock][sblock=Fahn Dahn]Get bold or audacious; literally “release courage.”[/sblock][sblock=Fahn Gher Tze]Not keeping a rendezvous; literally “release a pigeon” but insinuating not picking up the bird at the destination.[/sblock][sblock=Fahn Leong Jian]Blindside or conspire against someone secretly; literally “shoot a cold arrow.”[/sblock][sblock=Feh Chun]Very.[/sblock][sblock=Feh Feh Pi Goh]Baboon’s ass crack.[/sblock][sblock=Feh Wu]Junk.[/sblock][sblock=Fuhn Huo]Fire (as in starting).[/sblock][sblock=Fuhn Pi]Accusing someone of lying, a ridiculous notion, or talking out of the posterior; literally “farting.”[/sblock][/sblock][sblock=G][sblock=G’en Ho Tze Bi Dio Se]Engage a monkey in feces-hurling contest.[/sblock][sblock=Gao Guhn]Awesome or extraordinarily clever; literally “high pole.”[/sblock][sblock=Ghuh]Big brother; more intimate and connotes blood relation.[/sblock][sblock=Ghuh-Ghuh]Big brother.[/sblock][sblock=Go Hwong Tong]Enough of this nonsense.[/sblock][sblock=Go Neong Yung Duh]Son of a bitch, a more literal and vicious translation.[/sblock][sblock=Gohn Shi]Congratulations.[/sblock][sblock=Gon Beh]Bottoms up; literally “dry cup.”[/sblock][sblock=Guay Toh Guay Nown]Conniving or scheming person; literally “ghost head and ghost brain.”[/sblock][sblock=Guhn Kwai]Hurry, speed up.[/sblock][sblock=Gun]Hump.[/sblock][sblock=Gun Ta Jwo Lu]Screw him/her running.[/sblock][sblock=Gwai]Swindle.[/sblock][sblock=Gwai Ma Jeow]To throw in a monkeywrench; literally “twist a horse’s legs (while it’s galloping).”[/sblock][sblock=Gwon Ni Tze Jee Duh Shr]Mind your own business.[/sblock][/sblock][sblock=H][sblock=Hai Bu Goh]Not enough yet.[/sblock][sblock=How]Good or okay.[/sblock][sblock=How Joh Bu Jian]Long time no see.[/sblock][sblock=How Shi Sung Chung]Happy development or fortuitous turn of event; literally “a good show’s about to start,” can be used sarcastically.[/sblock][sblock=How W’rin Bu Lai]Things never go smooth.[/sblock][sblock=Hu Li Jing]Homewrecking tramp; literally “fox spirit.”[/sblock][sblock=Huen Dahn]Bastard, jerk; literally “rotten egg.”[/sblock][sblock=Hur Bao Duhn]Flat-chested, slang; literally “eggs cooked sunny side-up.”[/sblock][sblock=Hwo Gai]Deserving of bad consequence or fate.[/sblock][/sblock][/sblock][sblock=J-L][sblock=J][sblock=Ja Hwo]Fellow, also slang for weapon.[/sblock][sblock=Jah Yoh!]Cheering or urging someone on; literally “add fuel,” equivalent of “go (name)!” in English.[/sblock][sblock=Jahn!]Shiny, awesome, fantastic![/sblock][sblock=Jao Gao]Alas, not good, what a mess, too bad; literally “spoiled cake.”[/sblock][sblock=Jei]Big sister; more intimate and connotes blood relation.[/sblock][sblock=Jei-Jei]Big sister.[/sblock][sblock=Jien Huo]Cheap floozy.[/sblock][sblock=Jien Ta Duh Guay]Like hell; literally “see his ghost.”[/sblock][sblock=Jin Joh Bu Chi Chi Fah Joh]Warning someone against doing things “the hard way”; literally “choosing to sip the wine of penalty over that of respect.”[/sblock][sblock=Jing Chai]Brilliant.[/sblock][sblock=Jing Tian Dwohn Di]Earthshaking; literally “startle the sky and shake the earth.”[/sblock][sblock=Jio Weh Sung Chiuh]Retreat, run away, phrase summarizing the last of the Chinese “36 Stratagems,” which extols the virtue of fleeing to fight another day.[/sblock][sblock=Jone Yee]Browncoat (slang for soldiers of Independent).[/sblock][sblock=Joo Bah Jeh]Ugly or perverted person, insult taken from the name of the hoggish, lecherous character in the popular Chinese folktale, “Journey to the West.”[/sblock][sblock=Joo Fuen Chse]Pool of pig droppings, pig’s sty.[/sblock][sblock=Joo How Rin]Good luck.[/sblock][sblock=Joo Koh]Stop talking.[/sblock][sblock=Juh Guh Jee Hua Juhn Kuh Pah!]There’s nothing in this plan that isn’t horrific![/sblock][sblock=Juh Shi Suh Mo Go Dohng Shee?]What the hell is this crap?[/sblock][sblock=Jwei Gai Won Se]So guilty as to deserve a thousand deaths.[/sblock][sblock=Jwohn Gao Bu Yi]Not advised.[/sblock][sblock=Jwohn Guo Hua]Chinese/Mandarin language.[/sblock][/sblock][sblock=K][sblock=Kai Huo!]Fire (as in shooting)![/sblock][sblock=Kai Tze]Male companion or boyfriend, also a somewhat derogatory slang.[/sblock][sblock=Ku]Cool.[/sblock][sblock=Kuh Ai]Cute.[/sblock][sblock=Kuh Wu]Despicable.[/sblock][sblock=Kwai Jio Kai]Get lost.[/sblock][/sblock][sblock=L][sblock=Lai Huh Moh Sheong Tze Tian Uh Zoh]Have desires above one’s social/financial position, or beyond one’s ability to realize; literally “for a toad to think of eating a swan.”[/sblock][sblock=Lao]Old.[/sblock][sblock=Lao Buhn]Big boss or operator of a business. Also informal appellation for acquaintances.[/sblock][sblock=Lao Buhn Ni’un]Female boss or proprietor’s wife. Also informal appellation for acquaintances.[/sblock][sblock=Lao Deow Ya]Prehistoric; literally “so old as to lose all teeth.”[/sblock][sblock=Lao Di]Pal, if addree’s younger; used for men only.[/sblock][sblock=Lao Gohn]Old man/husband.[/sblock][sblock=Lao Puo]Old lady/wife.[/sblock][sblock=Lao Sheong]Pal, if addree’s older.[/sblock][sblock=Lio Coh Jwei Ji Neong Hur Ho Deh Yung Duh Buhn Jah J’Wohn]Stupid son of a drooling whore and monkey.[/sblock][sblock=Luh Suh]Garbage.[/sblock][sblock=Luhn Gohn]In someone’s doghouse; literally “a cold palace,” which is where an emperor confines those concubines who have fallen out of favor.[/sblock][sblock=Lurn Shwei Jah Jwohn]Merciless bastard; literally “cold-blooded mixed breed.”[/sblock][/sblock][/sblock][sblock=M-R][sblock=M][sblock=Ma Fuhn]Trouble, problem, complication.[/sblock][sblock=Ma Jung Hwa]Cursing; literally “chastise with dirty words.”[/sblock][sblock=Ma Shong]Now, immediately.[/sblock][sblock=Ma Shong Jien Cha]Check at once.[/sblock][sblock=Ma Tze]Female companion or girlfriend, a somewhat derogatory slang; add Dow in front for “looking to get a girlfriend.”[/sblock][sblock=Meh Lien Duh Jyah Jee]Shameless Hussy; literally “faceless bastard prostitute.”[/sblock][sblock=Mei]Little sister; more intimate and connotes blood relation.[/sblock][sblock=Mei-Mei]Little sister.[/sblock][sblock=Mei Wen Ti]No problem.[/sblock][sblock=Mei Yong Ma Duh Tse Gu Yong]Motherless goat of all motherless goats.[/sblock][sblock=Mi Tian Gohn]Excrement, slang, derives from the fact that when you stack the three characters — “mi” (rice), “tian” (paddy), and “gohn” (public or mutual) — from top to bottom in that order, they form the ideograph for excrement.[/sblock][sblock=Mo Min Chi Meow]Ridiculously stange, illogical or nonsensical; literally “not understanding the pecularity.”[/sblock][/sblock][sblock=N][sblock=Nah Mei Guan Shee]In that case, never mind.[/sblock][sblock=Nee Tzao Se Mah?]You wanna die?[/sblock][sblock=Nee Yow Wuo Kai Chiung?]You wanna bullet right in your throat?[/sblock][sblock=Ni]You.[/sblock][sblock=Ni Bu Ying Duh Jur Guh]You don’t deserve it.[/sblock][sblock=Ni-Duh]Yours.[/sblock][sblock=Ni How]Greetings.[/sblock][sblock=Ni-Muhn]You, plural.[/sblock][sblock=Nien Mohn]Alliance.[/sblock][sblock=Nimuhn-Duh]You, plural possessive.[/sblock][sblock=Nuhn Jwei]Sir, when used as a nobility, following the name.[/sblock][sblock=Nuhn Tze Huhn]Real man.[/sblock][sblock=Nyen Ching Duh]Young one.[/sblock][/sblock][sblock=P][sblock=P’n Yoh]Friend.[/sblock][sblock=Pi Gu]Posterior.[/sblock][sblock=Ping Ming]Go all out, hold nothing back; literally “fight for one’s life.”[/sblock][sblock=Puhn Yoh]Friend, pal, buddy.[/sblock][/sblock][sblock=R][sblock=Ri Shao Gou Shi Bing]Pile of sun-baked dog poo.[/sblock][sblock=Rung Tse Fwo Tzoo Bao Yo Wuo Muhn]Merciful Buddha protect us.[/sblock][sblock=Rung Tse Song Di Ching Dai Wuo Tzo]Merciful God, please take me away.[/sblock][/sblock][/sblock][sblock=S-Y][sblock=S][sblock=Sah Gwa]Fool; literally “stupid melonhead.”[/sblock][sblock=Se Duhng]Gang, crew, or confederate of diehards.[/sblock][sblock=Ser Toh]Leader of a criminal operation; literally “snakehead,” derogatory.[/sblock][sblock=Shao Jeh]Miss; literally “little lady.” Follows a name when addressing a known person, so River would be addressed as Tam River shao jeh, or simply Tam shao jeh.[/sblock][sblock=Sheh Sheh]Thanks.[/sblock][sblock=Shia Suo]Talk nonsense.[/sblock][sblock=Shiah Hwa]Speaking without a clue; literally “blind talk.”[/sblock][sblock=Shian Shen]Mister; literally “born before me,” also follows a person’s name.[/sblock][sblock=Shiang Jing]Nuts.[/sblock][sblock=Shiang Jing Ping]Nuts.[/sblock][sblock=Shuh Muh?]What?[/sblock][sblock=Shuhn Ming Shi T’wohn Gu Jong]Life support failure.[/sblock][sblock=Shwie]Handsome.[/sblock][sblock=Soh Ya Feh Tian]Foiled or ruined at the last moment, expression; literally, “a cooked duck flies away.”[/sblock][sblock=Swa]Manipulate, or playing somebody for a fool.[/sblock][sblock=Swei]Water.[/sblock][/sblock][sblock=T][sblock=Ta Ma Duh]Damn or damn it; literally “his mother’s...”[/sblock][sblock=Tah]He or she.[/sblock][sblock=Tah-Duh]His or hers.[/sblock][sblock=Tah-Muhn]Them.[/sblock][sblock=Tah-Muhn-Duh]Theirs.[/sblock][sblock=Tian Bu Pa, Di Bu Pa, Tze Pa <blank>]Fear nothing but (fill in the blank).[/sblock][sblock=Tian Di Wu Yohn]Completely useless.[/sblock][sblock=Tian Fuhn Di Fu]Complete disarray or sheer pandemonium; literally “sky tumbles while earth turns over.”[/sblock][sblock=Tian-Ling-Ling, Di-Ling-Ling]Abracadabra-alakazam.[/sblock][sblock=Tian Shia]Everything under the sky, can be used to allude to the world or universe.[/sblock][sblock=Toh Shung]Surrender, give up.[/sblock][sblock=Tze Sah Ju Yi]Suicidal idea.[/sblock][sblock=Tze Sh’un Tze Mieh]Leave one to his own fate.[/sblock][/sblock][sblock=U][sblock=Ung Jeong Jia Ching Jien Soh]Filthy fornicators of livestock.[/sblock][/sblock][sblock=W][sblock=Wan Duhn Luh]Ruined, finished.[/sblock][sblock=Wei Shan]Really dangerous.[/sblock][sblock=Wei Shian Dohn Woo]Dangerous person or animal.[/sblock][sblock=Whai W’rin Bu Jwo]Things never go smooth; literally “good luck don’t come, bad luck don’t leave.”[/sblock][sblock=Wo Bu Shin Wo Dah Yan Jing!]I don’t believe my eyes![/sblock][sblock=Wo Hu Chung Long]Really dangerous, literally “crouching tiger, hidden dragon,” an expression for something dangerous.[/sblock][sblock=Wong Ba Duhn]Son of a bitch.[/sblock][sblock=Wong Dahn]Done for or imminent doom; literally “finished (cooked) egg.”[/sblock][sblock=Wua Ser Tian Jwoo]Redundant, unnecessary complicating something, literally “draw a snake and add feet to it.”[/sblock][sblock=Wu Du Bu Juhn Fu]One must be ruthless to be a great; literally “a person without poison is not a great man.”[/sblock][sblock=Wu Ming Shao Jwu]Peon, small fry, a nobody; literally “nameless little foot soldier.”[/sblock][sblock=Wu Toh Wu Now]Muddled, mixed-up, confused; literally “without a head or a brain.”[/sblock][sblock=Wuo]I or me.[/sblock][sblock=Wuo-Duh]Mine.[/sblock][sblock=Wuo Duh Tian Ah]Oh my God.[/sblock][sblock=Wuo Dwei Nee Boo Ting Boo Jen]I neither see nor hear you.[/sblock][sblock=Wuo Jai Jeong Yi Chi]Let me repeat myself.[/sblock][sblock=Wuo Mun]We, us.[/sblock][sblock=Wuo Mun Duh]Ours.[/sblock][/sblock][sblock=Y][sblock=Yee Yan]Do something for nothing in return, or wasted endeavor without a payoff; literally “a charity show.”[/sblock][sblock=Yeh Lu Jwo Duo Luh Jwohn Whei Jian Guay]Attributing an unfortunate longshot occurrence; literally “do enough nighttime travels and one will eventually see a ghost”; also a warning of future retribution.[/sblock][sblock=Yi Dwei Da Buen Chuo Roh]Big stupid pile of stinking meat.[/sblock][sblock=Yi Lu Shwen Fohn]Good journey or bon voyage.[/sblock][sblock=Yo Chr]Young one, slang for underaged (literally “infant teeth.”)[/sblock][sblock=Yo Hua Kwai Suo]Speak now and quickly.[/sblock][sblock=Yong Chwen Mien]Plain, bland, bare; slang taken from the namesake generic, flavorless noodle dish.[/sblock][/sblock][/sblock][/sblock]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads