• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Serenity RPG] Across the 'Verse - OOC.

Thanee

First Post
You must purchase at least one Asset and one Complication, but may have up to 4 of each.

Up to five, actually, at least by the book. :)

The Assets and Complications will be the most difficult to choose without the book, so it's probably best if a list of all is posted and then one could go into further detail about those that are of interest.

Skills are very straightforward, really. A list of them should give anyone a good idea of what they are about.

Above I have posted a complete character sheet as an example (and as my character submission as well :)).

Bye
Thanee

Maerdwyn

First Post
Thanks Thanee! She looks great :D

I'll fix the error in the rules post, and keep tweaking it with further info, trying stay on the right side of copyright infringement.

I'm going to take up to 6 players, giving the option to people in the order they've posted in this thread - if you are not longer interested (based on system choice or anything else), please let me know.

Those who have expressed interest:

1. Voda Vosa
2. Thondor
3. Thanee (Confirmed - Thanks!)
4. Rhun
5. Shayuri
6. Ethandrew
7. Felix1459
8. Vertexx69

(Relique du Madde - didn't look like you were espressing interest in this one, but let me know if I'm mistaken. I'll be watching your spaghetti western :D)

I should also mention that for pace, I'm looking for about 2-3 posts per week, with accomodations for RL. I'm finishing up law school this next semester, and have a relatively light courseload, so I should be in good shape in terms of reliability. May have some issues in the summer.

We'll get started IC a few days after the characters get created so I can integrate your backgrounds into the campaign.

Couple notes on characters as you begin to think about them:

I'd like someone to play the captain (or at least the owner) of the party's future ship, and I would like to work a little more with that player on integrating the background into the campaign. You guys can talk amongst yourselves to pick the captain.

For Vertexx69 and anyone contemplating the Reader asset, the character needs to take a related Complication at the same level (Taking a minor in Reader requires a minor complication).

The Companion asset is fine for the campaign.

If you have an idea for a new skill, asset or complication, just run it by me.

Last edited:

Voda Vosa

First Post
I'll bow out, the system doesn't thrill me, although the game itself seems pretty cool, I'll be happy to follow the story and leave my place for someone else.

Maerdwyn

First Post
Thanks for the quick notice, Voda Vosa - sorry to lose you.

So for now we've got:

Confirmed:
1. Thanee

Pending Response:
2. Thondor
3. Rhun
4. Shayuri
5. Ethandrew
6. Felix1459

Alt:
7. Vertexx69

Shayuri

First Post
Interesting. This system reminds me a lot of the Battlestar Galactica game system. Customized, of course, to suit the unique flavor of Firefly.

I'll need help determining which traits suit my character, but I'm still interested.

As for character concept...I have some ideas percolating. I've already got a tomboy pilot babe, so I should probably avoid that this time. :) Perhaps a doctor/scientist, or engineer/gadgetphile...

Pondering.

Maerdwyn

First Post
AFAIK, it's pretty much the same system used in Battlestar Galactica - Same publisher: Margaret Weis. She published Serenity first, and then the Serenity system got tweaked and turned into the Cortex system, which is used for all her games (BSG, Supernatural, etc.)

I'll look for some easily available references for traits and such - but if you have ideas for what you want, I'll either find the existing trait to match it or we can create one. The rules are pretty forgiving.

Thanee

First Post
Interesting. This system reminds me a lot of the Battlestar Galactica game system. Customized, of course, to suit the unique flavor of Firefly.

Yep, that is the same system, pretty much. BSG is a newer incarnation, Serenity was the first game using the Cortex System and BSG the second, IIRC. It has the newer Trait rules already, where they are available in dice steps instead of the minor/major variation.

I'll need help determining which traits suit my character, but I'm still interested.

I'm sure we can work something out there. I'm certainly willing to help out. :)

Bye
Thanee

Felix1459

First Post
I might regret it later but I'm going to bow out too. Sorry, not used to the system & no access to rules & RL limitations equals a negative ghostrider on my behalf. Anyway I will still enjoy readig the thread so make it interesting. LOL.

Maerdwyn

First Post
Sorry to hear it Felix - Assuming things go well, I'll drop you a line again if a spot open in the future.

Vertex69, you've got a spot if you want it

Remove ads