[Serenity RPG] Across the 'Verse - OOC.

Maerdwyn

First Post
Sorry Thondor, missed the born behind the wheel thing :) Looks good.

Tailspinner,

2/4 means you can take the asset for either 2 or 4 attribute points (or gain 2 or 4 points in the case of a complication), and you get the trait in a minor or major form.

ASSETS:
Healthy as a Horse (2/4) - (minor: +2 step to rolls involving illness, general fast recovery, etc. Major: plot points spent on this stuff count double)

Heavy Tolerance (2) (bonus to resisting effect of intoxicants and poison)
Leadership (2/4) (Minor: each session, you can designate a goal, and anyone trying to achieve it can take one +2 bonus on a roll to do it. Major: you can spend your plot points to improve other characters' actions so long as they are owrking towards your goal.)

Trustworthy Gut (2/4) (Minor: +2 two to mental rolls when relying on intuition. Major: spend a plot point to ask the GM a yes or know question, like "Do I get the feeling he's teling me the truth?" Spend n+1 additional plot points to follow up with each addtional question (2 for the first follow up, 3 more for the third, etc.)

COMPLICATIONS:
Dead Broke (2): 1/2 normal starting credits, and must immediately give up half of all income

Loyal (2): Pick a group that can count on you, and you will help and protect them even to your own detriment

Phobia (2): You are scared of something that is either uncommon, and you have an extrme reaction, or common, and you have a less severe reaction.
Prejudice (2) Pick a group, and you have a negative reaction to them or might even go out of your way to insult them. -2 to influence based checks involving them

Stingy (2): You simply don't part with cash unless you have to.
Straight Shooter (2): You generally won't lie, even to save others' feelings or when it would be smart, and even if you do lie, you get a penalty to influencebased actions.

Superstitious (2) You are gripped by enough superstitious beliefs that they affect your normal daily life. If you interpret something as a bad omen, you get -2 to certain rolls for a time, and when you get a good omen, you get +2 certain rolls.

Things Don't Go Smooth (2/4) Minor: GM can make you reroll once per session, forcingyou to take the lower result. Major: GM can for 2 rerolls

Maerdwyn

First Post
Talented:
2: +2 step bonus to any roll involving the skill
4: advancement in the skill (to the next higher die) cost 2 points less at each level.

Maerdwyn

First Post
I'd like to think about getting the IC thread going relatively soon, at least for the characters who are ready (If you aren't yet ready with a character, no worries - things won't really get underway until everyone is set. For those who are ready, maybe this weekend or sometime next week for IC posts?) to start explaining how the crew came together.

If anyone has ideas about that - i.e. how their character met another, let me know, and I'll work with them. Same with secrets or NPCs from the character's past. Otherwise I'll happily do my best.

Since I'm still planning things out, if there are any specific requests for the campaign - types of adventures, themes you want to hit, let me know that too.

Rhun

First Post
Hey Maerdwyn, if it is cool, I'd like to swap places with Fenris. Give him my spot, and stick myself on the alt list? I've just had a bunch of stuff come up, and haven't been able to put together a PC.

With that said, it sounds like an awesome game, and if somebody bows out at a later time, I'd love to take a crack at it.

Maerdwyn

First Post
That's fine, Rhun - hope things settle down. I also don't mind bringing you in a little later. Either way - delayed entry or move to the alt list is cool with me. :)

Thanee

First Post
I'd like to think about getting the IC thread going relatively soon, at least for the characters who are ready (If you aren't yet ready with a character, no worries - things won't really get underway until everyone is set. For those who are ready, maybe this weekend or sometime next week for IC posts?) to start explaining how the crew came together.

Sounds good. :)

Will look through the gear lists and go shopping a bit tomorrow or so, which is the only thing left for my sheet to be completely finished.

If anyone has ideas about that - i.e. how their character met another, let me know, and I'll work with them. Same with secrets or NPCs from the character's past. Otherwise I'll happily do my best.

For my character I think two scenarios would make sense... either she simply wanted to get away from a planet she happened to be on (maybe ran into trouble there and wanted to avoid further incidents) and therefore was looking for a passage on a ship, and then ended up staying with the crew (kinda like the shepherd in Firefly). Or she might have helped the captain (or other crewmember) out of a situation herself (if he is the Mal type who always ends up in those ;)).

Bye
Thanee

Rhun

First Post
That's fine, Rhun - hope things settle down. I also don't mind bringing you in a little later. Either way - delayed entry or move to the alt list is cool with me. :)

Thanks, I appreciate the flexibility. :) I'll make sure I follow the game when it starts so I know what is going on and can join a bit late if needed.

Maerdwyn

First Post
No problem Shayuri - would jumping in to play him help (finishing crunch as you get to know him in one of the opening scenes), or do you just need a little more time?

Ethandrew, do you need anything?

Remove ads