Shadowdancer Smackdown

Lordnightshade

First Post
I need some creative ideas for a 3rd level Shadowdancer with Shadow Illusion, and Summon Shadow. Add to that the ability to change self at will, and cause fear 2/day from a magic item.

What I need are some creative ways to use these abilities. Especially the Shadow Illusion ability (same as Silent Image), the more creative the better and I figure that these abilities can be combined rather nicely, to make for some scary tactics.

So what are your ideas?

nameless

First Post
First of all, ask your DM if he'll allow illusionary foes to flank opponents. It's very difficult to tell apart an illusionary shadow from a real one. Also see if he'll allow you to change self to appear as a shadow. Do you see where I'm going with this? =P

For insult to injury, throw down an obscuring mist around the opponent, and each round move the real shadows, the illusionary ones, and yourself into different positions so he doesn't know which enemy is doing the sneak attacking. Since you should have spring attack, you can hit and fade each round out of his sight range.

Perhaps as effective, stay hidden and cast your illusionary shadow(s). Ready an action to concentrate on your shadow and make it respond to the attack when it is hit. With any luck, you'll drain half a dozen strength points from an opponent before you have to start hitting him. Also, if he's flanked by shadows, and you use cause fear, he could be in a lot of trouble. Assuming he flees, that'll provoke two AoOs. If not, he's got combat penalties and has a good chance of dropping his weapon.

Hope these get your brain gears turning.

Remove ads