D&D 5E "Shard" of the Multiverse

SkidAce

Legend
Supporter
D&D Beyond says
Travel to a new shard of the D&D Multiverse with Eberron...

I personally haven't heard them use that phrase, "shard" before. Do you think it was just D&D Beyond winging it?

Is it part of a coherent approach to the planes\multiverse?

I don't know and am curious if others have heard them use it, and in what context, before.

Untitled pictureX2.png

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
Probably a riff on dragonshards.

Also, the more I look at the image the more I agree with another poster that the elf on the front cover looks a lot like Angelina Jolie.

RSIxidor

Adventurer
Probably it is just a riff on dragonshards but it would be kind of neat if this is how they eventually tackle explaining all the different universes.

Oofta

Legend
I vaguely remember an article where they mentioned Eberron being a shard of the multiverse in an interview, but can't find it now.

I'm sure we'll get more info as we go along, but I don't think it's anything the folks at DndBeyond made up.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
D&D Beyond says

I personally haven't heard them use that phrase, "shard" before. Do you think it was just D&D Beyond winging it?

Is it part of a coherent approach to the planes\multiverse?

I don't know and am curious if others have heard them use it, and in what context, before.

View attachment 113237

I honestly feel that it can go either way. They definitely worked out a Unified Field Theory for all D&D settings ever published to slot into one multiverse as the core basic setting assumed by the books. Now that they are definitively moving into non-FR territory (Greyhawk, Planescape, and Eberron in one year...), we'll see more if their overall scheme.

SkidAce

Legend
Supporter
Yeah, for some reason it stuck out for me.

Like somebody who knew stuff used the word they had been using internally...

....but its not like it would be a big cosmic secret or anything...hehehe

Remove ads