She-Hulk: Attorney at Law trailer

Mezuka

Hero
One thing I didn't get is why have Ruffalo in Hulk form for the vast majority of the episode. I'm not talking from a story perspective but just from a financial one. There were plenty of scenes that would have played out the same with Banner as with Hulk. It seems like budgetary constraints led to fewer scenes with She-Hulk so maybe less Hulk would have helped resolve that?
Availability of Ruffalo at time of shooting? Voice over is less expensive than paying full salary of the actor to be on site.

MarkB

Legend
One thing I didn't get is why have Ruffalo in Hulk form for the vast majority of the episode. I'm not talking from a story perspective but just from a financial one. There were plenty of scenes that would have played out the same with Banner as with Hulk. It seems like budgetary constraints led to fewer scenes with She-Hulk so maybe less Hulk would have helped resolve that?

The whole point of the sequence was how much easier Jennifer was having it than Bruce did. Having him able to casually slip back into human form would have undermined that.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
The whole point of the sequence was how much easier Jennifer was having it than Bruce did. Having him able to casually slip back into human form would have undermined that.
They could have just had him fix his inhibitor, then show it not working for Jen

Hex08

Hero
I get that, my point was more about finances rather than story.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Which would have undermined the hard time he was having.
would it though, its been a while since endgame and they already established he had the device so fixing it just returns to status quo. Personally I'd have then used it in a running gag of the beeps on his heart counter constantly rising every time he interacts with Jen and him having to take a moment to calm his emotions - until it rises too quickly and he Hulks out (leading to their bar fight)

Hex08

Hero
Do you have comparative numbers?
I'm sure VFX artists prefer working, than not working...
Comparative numbers? No, but there are plenty of articles talking about the treatment of VFX artists by Marvel Studios. Here, here, here, here, and here are just a few articles. A simple Goggle search will turn up a ton more and I am seeing more of these all of the time. I have read some articles that talk about some (no idea how many) VFX artists quitting the industry because Marvel is such a pain to work for.

Last edited:

Mezuka

Hero
Comparative numbers? No, but there are plenty of articles talking about the treatment of VFX artists by Marvel Studios. Here, here, here, here, and here are just a few articles. A simple Goggle search will turn up a ton more and I am seeing more of these all of the time. I have read some articles that talk about some (no idea how many) VFX artists quitting the industry because Marvel is such a pain to work for.
Are you there Union Rep now? :p

Anyway this is thread derailing. I'll get back to only commenting the episodes and not what is going on behind the scenes.

Remove ads