• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

She-Hulk: Attorney at Law trailer

pukunui

Legend
I guess. I mean, I don't mind not knowing who she is, I'm used to that when it comes to celebrities, and I enjoyed the episode just fine, too.

Maybe it was the general fourth-wall breaking nature of the show, but it felt like every time they named her they nudged me in the ribs saying "Yes! MTS! Aren't you EXCITED!?" (To which I'd have to answer, "No, not particularly. I mean, that's cool for you, I guess?")

It wasn't a big deal, it was just mildly annoying.
According to that article @trappedslider posted upthread, Tatiana is a huge MTS fan. The producer described her as literally vibrating with excitement at the prospect of getting to work with her. So what you picked up on was undoubtedly Tatiana’s very real excitement showing through her acting.

Aeson

I am the mysterious professor.
Being a superhero or even someone with genetic expressions that make you as obvious as one, in this TMZ world we live in, would be a nightmare. When I want to really screw with my modern or SciFi RPG players, I saddle them with a reporter.
Tell me it's Peter Doocy* and you find the most horrid and painful ways for him to die. I'll be your bestest friend in the whole wide world forever and ever.

* I'm sure you have no idea who he is. No one should. It's ok. All you have to do is lie and say yes. 😝

Aeson

I am the mysterious professor.
esxuv2mrddl91.jpg

I think I might be adding a couple of new books to my reading list.

Halp! I'm not a librarian but I'm caught in a librarian trap.

Ryujin

Legend
Tell me it's Peter Doocy* and you find the most horrid and painful ways for him to die. I'll be your bestest friend in the whole wide world forever and ever.

* I'm sure you have no idea who he is. No one should. It's ok. All you have to do is lie and say yes. 😝
I would have said "John Roberts" instead, because he used to be a music reporter on a local TV station, when I was a teenager/early 20s ;)

Argyle King

Legend
So far, I think the show is enjoyable for what it is.

It reminds me of old TV shows from the late 80s and early 90s.

You have a little bit of superhero cheesiness from the old live-action Hulk and Spiderman shows. You have a little bit of Zach Morris (Saved by the Bell) talking to the camera. You have a little bit of a flavor-of-the week (celebrity and/or character from other show) feel like the A-Team.

I see it as the MCU's take on old syndicated TV programs.

My only negative thus far is that there seems to be very little downside to being She-Hulk. Is there any reason to not stay in She-Hulk form all the time?

My only negative thus far is that there seems to be very little downside to being She-Hulk. Is there any reason to not stay in She-Hulk form all the time?

Not sure about the comics, but it looks like she has no choice returning to normal when she is unconscious/asleep, so she can't live it 24/7, unlike Bruce does in his current integrated Smart Hulk form. She never has that alter-ego, so she never has that choice. She is also still in denial and wants to go back to her normal human life, so would not want to be in Hulk form all the time.

Argyle King

Legend
Not sure about the comics, but it looks like she has no choice returning to normal when she is unconscious/asleep, so she can't live it 24/7, unlike Bruce does in his current integrated Smart Hulk form. She never has that alter-ego, so she never has that choice. She is also still in denial and wants to go back to her normal human life, so would not want to be in Hulk form all the time.

Right. I get the last part.

But, on a day-to-day basis, there doesn't seem to be a downside.

Is there a reason to not want to have super strength, be super smart, have a lucrative job offer, be able to drink/party with little repercussions, be considered more attractive, and have celebrity status?

The show has presented very little reason for why Jennifer's struggle with being a Hulk is an actual problem. Maybe that comes later on after the characters have been established.

Right. I get the last part.

But, on a day-to-day basis, there doesn't seem to be a downside.

Is there a reason to not want to have super strength, be super smart, have a lucrative job offer, be able to drink/party with little repercussions, be considered more attractive, and have celebrity status?

The show has presented very little reason for why Jennifer's struggle with being a Hulk is an actual problem. Maybe that comes later on after the characters have been established.
To me, it feels like "But I just want to be normal"

Remove ads