She-Hulk: Attorney at Law trailer

Do you think She-Hulk's Bar Exam was a Bend Bars check?

Re: the CGI
My wife commented on how odd the CGI looks - and she doesn't normally notice such things. I haven't watched the trailer, but it must be something really bad.
I wouldn't say bad, just not finished. Thinking of all the Disney+ shows none of them had a main character that needed this much cgi at all times. My guess is Disney is using this trailer to gauge how much more work they need to do.

Hope this goes over well. The Hulk-slice of the Marvel universe (friends, allies, reoccurring villain roster, etc.) has gotten short shrift in the visual medium (since the 70s, when it had the most). It also is one that often intersects poorly with a wider Marvel-verse, so I hope they go light with the MCU plot seeping in (character cameos are a different matter).

She-Hulk also worked as a bikini model, so yeah she is generally depicted as much smaller and differently proportioned than Bruces Hulk.
It does make sense though - Bruce was transformed by a gamma explosion and realised his savage-rage form, Jennifer got a gentler blood transfusion and thus a more controlled change.
Still not as subtle as (one of my favorite Marvel characters) Doc Samson gets it -- green hair.

delericho

Legend
That one left me really cold. I'm not sure why.

That said, I try to put as little stock in trailers as possible - there doesn't seem to be much correlation between the quality of the trailer vs that of the finished product.

Staffan

Legend
Hope this goes over well. The Hulk-slice of the Marvel universe (friends, allies, reoccurring villain roster, etc.) has gotten short shrift in the visual medium (since the 70s, when it had the most). It also is one that often intersects poorly with a wider Marvel-verse, so I hope they go light with the MCU plot seeping in (character cameos are a different matter).
My understanding is that at least in modern times, it's because there are some rights issues – I think Universal has (or had) distribution rights to Hulk movies. That's why, after the Edward Norton movie, Hulk has only been around as a guest star in the Avengers movies as well as Thor Ragnarok. If they make a "straight" Hulk movie Universal gets a piece of the pie, and why do that when you can instead do a movie where Marvel/Disney gets all the monies? But that means that there's no room for Hulk's supporting cast, given that Hulk is relegated to a supporting cast role himself.

Rabulias

the Incomparably Shrewd and Clever
As we get closer to seeing the X-Men in the MCU, I keep hoping we see a nod to Wolverine first appearing in the Hulk's book, like some face-to-face meeting (not necessarily a fight).

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
As we get closer to seeing the X-Men in the MCU, I keep hoping we see a nod to Wolverine first appearing in the Hulk's book, like some face-to-face meeting (not necessarily a fight).
You are likely correct, but man it would be nice to see a little deemphasis on wolverine in the next gen of X-men.

Rabulias

the Incomparably Shrewd and Clever
My understanding is that at least in modern times, it's because there are some rights issues – I think Universal has (or had) distribution rights to Hulk movies. That's why, after the Edward Norton movie, Hulk has only been around as a guest star in the Avengers movies as well as Thor Ragnarok. If they make a "straight" Hulk movie Universal gets a piece of the pie, and why do that when you can instead do a movie where Marvel/Disney gets all the monies? But that means that there's no room for Hulk's supporting cast, given that Hulk is relegated to a supporting cast role himself.
Well they are getting to use Abomination in Shang-Chi and She-Hulk. It would be nice if they could hash out a deal like they did with Sony and Spider-Man, and we get a Hulk film with some MCU characters. I would love to see them followup on the Leader, maybe in a film set during the Blip, and show more of the Hulk and Bruce's integration into Professor Hulk.

Plus it has been years since they made a standalone Hulk film -- don't the rights revert to Marvel? I guess it depends on the terms, which might not be public.

Ryujin

Legend
This looks kinda fun. I've never read the comics, but this looks like it's a comedy?
It should be more comedy than anything else, if loosely based on the most recent run of comics. They were more slice-of-life stuff based around her law practice and personal life.

Stalker0

Legend
I am curious to actually see the law side of this show, and who she is going to represent. Maybe we will see what's happened with the Sokovia accords after all this time. Maybe we will hear about some interesting cases with the blip (can you imagine all the lawsuits caused by that thing, it would be a lawyers paradise)

Remove ads