• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Shinobi - My Take on a Naruto Based Class

RandomCitizenX

First Post
Now that I am not occupied with feeding my one year old daughter I figured I could chime in with a slightly longer take on the class idea. The more I think about it I think that one class would be the best, but the HP should be unified. The various abilities and powers should be more than enough to make the three different builds feel unique. In the mangas (haven't watched too much of the anime) all the characters were pretty close in the total staying power with the exception of Naruto himself. That could always be explained by some feats he has taken.

Stormtalon

First Post
Master of Combat – Only Shinobi who choose the Master of Taijutsu tactic gain this ability at 1st level. A shinobi gains a +2 attack bonus every level as well as her defense bonuses.

As stated by Dragonblade in reference to the Defense kicker, I believe Defenders (which is what the Master of Taijutsu appears to be) would only get their +2 attack bonus at first level and not every level (we're talking about +60 on attacks by 30th level, which is probably really really not what you're looking for).

Dragonblade

Adventurer
I'm a HUGE Naruto fan. Its one of my favorite anime of all time, edging out Bleach. It has drama, humor, adventure, excitment. Pretty much the only thing I think it needs is a touch more romance and a bit less potty humor, and it would be perfect. But its a Shonen manga after all, so I doubt that will ever happen.

I have all the English manga for it and have seen every single episode aired to date, including all the Shippuden episodes.

ShadowyFigure

First Post
RandomCitizenX said:
Now that I am not occupied with feeding my one year old daughter I figured I could chime in with a slightly longer take on the class idea. The more I think about it I think that one class would be the best, but the HP should be unified. The various abilities and powers should be more than enough to make the three different builds feel unique. In the mangas (haven't watched too much of the anime) all the characters were pretty close in the total staying power with the exception of Naruto himself. That could always be explained by some feats he has taken.

FIXED

Dragonblade said:
Interesting. I think in 4e that the classes don't get defense bonuses every level from their class. They get a one time bump at first level.

FIXED

Stormtalon said:
As stated by Dragonblade in reference to the Defense kicker, I believe Defenders (which is what the Master of Taijutsu appears to be) would only get their +2 attack bonus at first level and not every level (we're talking about +60 on attacks by 30th level, which is probably really really not what you're looking for).

FIXED

Kunimatyu said:
You really might want to split this up into 4 classes that use the Chakra power source.

NO.

In Naruto they seem to use several elements which I can get from arcane and illusions also arcane and shade... Hmm maybe shade should also be part of this class. Also I;d like this to fit into any campaign so a DM would not have to include Chakra as a power source. If you wanted it to be chakra in a game your playing just change it to chakra. Kinda simple really.

Also I want it to be one class and one class only with feats, races and paragon apths to make it have alot of versatility.

So Naruto and Sasuke are not the same.

Also with one class It saves me time when it comes to things such as powers.

Tommorrow I will begin making and posting powers.

Last edited:

Dragonblade

Adventurer
The thing about Naruto is I could see it being classless. A lot of Shinobi overlap in terms of their abilities and knowledge. For example, Sasuke knows a lot of jutsu. Especially after his two years training with Orochimaru. But he is also a taijutsu badass. Maybe not as hardcore as Rock Lee, but I'd put him up against anyone. And with the Sharingan, he is also a master of Genjutsu.

And Naruto himself doesn't really excel anywhere, but he can power through a lot of stuff with his grit and determination. It also helps that he often comes up with unorthodox strategies and has tons of chakra to work with. Not to mention the Kyuubi's power and chakra which he can also draw upon.

And Sakura also defies classes. With her chakra enhanced super-strength thanks to her training under Tsunade, she can beat the snot out of any Taijutsu based Shinobi. But yet, I wouldn't say she is a master of Taijutsu, and definitely not Genjutsu. Although her mastery of medical jutsu is probably unparalleled which might make the case for Ninjutsu.

Last edited:

RandomCitizenX

First Post
Dragonblade said:
The thing about Naruto is I could see it being classless. A lot of Shinobi overlap in terms of their abilities and knowledge. For example, Sasuke knows a lot of jutsu. Especially after his two years training with Orochimaru. But he is also a taijutsu badass. Maybe not as hardcore as Rock Lee, but I'd put him up against anyone. And with the Sharingan, he is also a master of Genjutsu.

And Naruto himself doesn't really excel anywhere, but he can power through a lot of stuff with his grit and determination. It also helps that he often comes up with unorthodox strategies and has tons of chakra to work with. Not to mention the Kyuubi's power and chakra which he can also draw upon.

And Sakura also defies classes. With her chakra enhanced super-strength thanks to her training under Tsunade, she can beat the snot out of any Taijutsu based Shinobi. But yet, I wouldn't say she is a master of Taijutsu, and definitely not Genjutsu. Although her mastery of medical jutsu is probably unparalleled which might make the case for Ninjutsu.

These are many of the reasons I ultimately agreed that it should be just one class. I think that most people would default to the Ninjutsu mastery since those who were Taijutsu and Genjutsu based were usually presented as the excepetion instead of the rule. Even Naruto excells at Ninjutsu more than Taijutsu and Genjutsu (his Shadow Clone techniques as well as he special jutsu which escapes me at the moment show this).

ShadowyFigure

First Post
RandomCitizenX said:
These are many of the reasons I ultimately agreed that it should be just one class. I think that most people would default to the Ninjutsu mastery since those who were Taijutsu and Genjutsu based were usually presented as the excepetion instead of the rule. Even Naruto excells at Ninjutsu more than Taijutsu and Genjutsu (his Shadow Clone techniques as well as he special jutsu which escapes me at the moment show this).

You mean Rasengan? Thats more chakra control then Ninjutsu, he also has a super powerful version of it that is more a mix of ninjutsu and chakra control.

RandomCitizenX

First Post
Yeah, thats the one I was talking about. It is definitely a jutsu, and since it isn't an illusion, that would put it as a Ninjutsu. It just happens to be a jutsu based on fine chakra control. The upgraded version is just crazy (especially when they cover that it is cutting on an atomic level).

Remove ads