Shocker (Melee Weapon)

Satyrn

First Post
This weapon rather makes me want a list of similar magitech weapons, nifty fantasy flavoured things that deal various damage types. Like all the different damage types.

And it ought to be list intended to replace the whole PH weapons list so the damage of a longsword comparable thing that deals necrotic damage could still be 1d8 (versatile 1d10) without being unbalanced.

Ahrimon

Bourbon and Dice
I would add "You do not add any modifiers to the damage roll of this attack. If the target is wearing metal armor you have advantage on the attack roll. If the target is reduced to 0 HP by this weapon they are unconscious and and stable".

Yunru

Banned
Banned
I would add "You do not add any modifiers to the damage roll of this attack. If the target is wearing metal armor you have advantage on the attack roll. If the target is reduced to 0 HP by this weapon they are unconscious and and stable".

... why?

I get the advantage vs metal, but where you hit is just as important as actually hitting. If I taze you face it's going to do more damage than if I taze your foot.

The last part's unnecessary as melee attacks already have that option.

Satyrn

First Post
The last part's unnecessary as melee attacks already have that option.

I'm guessing he means that'd be the only option with this weapon.

And I'm waffling on whether ability scores ought to modify damage on these, too. Or at least as far as Strength is concerned. I feel like lots of people would find there to be some disconnect in doing so.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases