D&D 5E Should the next edition of D&D promote more equality?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Why do women want to be equal with men? Why do men want women to be considered equal to women? Society is all messed up and now our games need to reflect this? If I was a woman I sure as heck would not want to be the same as a male...

You're confusing "equal" with "identical". They're two different words. My wife is my equal; she is not identical to me. Geddit?

Mike Eagling

Explorer
For all the strides they take towards being inclusive, Paizo has been terrible about cheesecake art.

-O

Have they really been terrible? I'll agree Seoni can fall into this category and might be over used as a marketing tool. I've also heard the ARG has some bad art in it but I have no interest in it as a product so I've never read it.

Last edited:

Hussar

Legend
I wonder if Paizo is the culprit here, or one or two particular artists. I mean, Wayne Reynolds is a gifted artist and all, but, the poses he puts his subjects in are sometimes outright bizarre. I think the comment about, "Why is she about to fall over?" is pretty apropos. :D

If you move beyond WAR images, I think Paizo isn't doing too bad. And, let's be honest, WAR images in 4e D&D (and 3e as well) were largely in the same vein.

Dausuul

Legend
I wonder if Paizo is the culprit here, or one or two particular artists. I mean, Wayne Reynolds is a gifted artist and all, but, the poses he puts his subjects in are sometimes outright bizarre. I think the comment about, "Why is she about to fall over?" is pretty apropos. :D

If you move beyond WAR images, I think Paizo isn't doing too bad. And, let's be honest, WAR images in 4e D&D (and 3e as well) were largely in the same vein.
I am a strong advocate of moving beyond WAR images.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Why do women want to be equal with men?
Because it is human nature.

If you see someone getting a bunch of benefits, it is natural to say, "Hey, I'd like those benefits too!" + Respect for others, its ethical, etc.

Women are not equal to men and men are not equal to woman...that is life so live with it.

Not biologically speaking, but ethically and morally, they are. The law is headed in that direction.

Last edited:

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I wonder if Paizo is the culprit here, or one or two particular artists.
The buck stops with Paizo: they commissioned the art; they let it survive the editing process to see the printer; they let it be shipped to the stores with their name on it.

Gorgoroth

Banned
Banned
This is irrelevant to the discussion.

Really, how? Women are more visually stimulated than men are, completely negating what 99% of the people in this thread are assuming (that men are more visual, buncha pervs! therefore removing nudity will displease us more).

That attitude is antiquated and chauvinist, and not scientifically accurate either. Repeating falsehoods should be debunked in the meme-sphere so that we can, you know, actually evolve as a society not beholden to old biases and bigotries, instead of arguing in circles and achieving nothing. This is why, when I want to learn about human nature, I usually do it by reading scientific journals than people's opinions on message boards. Forgive me for bringing up science, I guess that's a no no here.

Injecting a little reality into the discussion is hardly irrelevant. If you're talking about being inclusive to all gender's interests and biases, it's kind of silly to ignore what they actually want (not what they merely say they want...people lie, you know, even to themselves).

Dausuul

Legend
Really, how?

Because you're rebutting claims no one has made.

Women are more visually stimulated than men are, completely negating what 99% of the people in this thread are assuming (that men are more visual, buncha pervs! therefore removing nudity will displease us more).

That attitude is antiquated and chauvinist, and not scientifically accurate either. Repeating falsehoods that should be debunked in the meme-sphere so that we can, you know, actually evolve as a society not beholden to old biases and bigotries.

Injecting a little reality into the discussion is hardly irrelevant. If you're talking about being inclusive to all gender's interests and biases, it's kind of silly to ignore what they actually want (not what they merely say they want...people lie, you know, even to themselves).

This also is irrelevant to the discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads