• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

So how long have YOU been playing D&D?

Rothe

First Post
First game in 1977, "white box" + supplements with best friend's older college age brother, we quickly moved to 1e AD&D as the books came out. I say "white box" because that's what I bought and the DM's books looked the same. IIRC we had to hide Eldritch Wizardry from our parents, the cover was a little too much in those days. ;)

James Heard

Explorer
I got my first two boxed sets for Xmas when I was in 3rd grade, and now I'm coming up on 34. It took a while to actually play the game, because I quickly got the idea or rpgs and picked up Traveller and we played that instead. Traveller was just easier to come by in the FLGS I frequented back then, and cheaper too.

Kanegrundar

Explorer
I started at age 14 with an old copy of the Basic D&D Rules (the one with the dragon coming out of the water). I got into it via HeroQuest and Final Fantasy.

KenSeg

First Post
Started playing in 1978 in High School and have been playing fairly consistantly once a week for the last 28 years. At an average of 6 hours a gaming session and say 48 sessions a year, taking into account holidays and such, I have been playing for over one solid year of my life out of 43 years. Definately not enough gaming being done!!! :D

-KenSeg
gaming since 1978

Chaldfont

First Post
83-84, around that time. I was 10 and I got the basic boxed set. My neighbor and I sat and made characters for an entire summer vacation before we really understood what we were supposed to do.

When we figured out how to play, we wondered what to do with this big fat folder of dozens of characters. So, rather than make a new PC for my neighbor to play, we made all those PCs fight to the death in one-on-one battle.

We figured that whichever character survived that mess would be the toughest and the coolest.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads