So, I need a Cat whacked....

Darkness

Hand and Eye of Piratecat [Moderator]
Tarrasque Wrangler said:
Cat Traps: http://www.bestnest.com/bestnest/pc_cats_dogs.asp?src=googleaws&kw=cat_trap

They cost a few bucks, but they're worth it. Once your cat troubles are over it makes a good rat trap too.
Maybe trap it (when it enters your property again) and then take it back to its owner (or call her to pick it up) and tell her that if you catch the cat on your property again, you'll call animal control (and do just that).
I admit this approach might be too reasonable, considering the circumstances, but there's a slight chance it isn't and suggesting it can't hurt, so... :)

Teemu

Hero
Bront said:
She's declawed, spayed, only eats dried food (she won't touch anything but about 3 or 4 brands), and is very social and playfull.
This is potentially dangerous: she might develop bladder stones.

Darthjaye

First Post
Umbran said:
You know what? This is below us.

She has some opinions that are troublesome. But she's still a person, a human being. And if you were here, you'd get repremanded for that comment. Her not being here doesn't make it okay to be that insulting of a person you've never met.

If we, collectively are gong to treat her like that, then we don't deserve to have the problem solved, because we are small people with fragile egos who have to bring other people down so we can feel big and powerful and proper.

She's a human being, and it is quite possible she loves that cat as much as any of us love our pets. Her ignorance and unwillingness to take personal responsibility doesn't eliminate that.

Think about that for a sec - we're talking about taking away a beloved pet because it is inconvenient, and the owner seems difficult to deal with. I dunno about you, but I've had pets stolen before, and it isnt' fun. Think about that as you consider your course of action. What woudl happen if someone made sure your dog or cat went away and never returned.

Yes, but her responses to his request tell me she cares very little to even try to remedy the situation. Think about that for a moment. Your trying to live your life on your own property and you make a request for her to try and do somethig about HER animal, and she blows it off without so much as I will see what I can do. She apparently can't even attempt to be a good neighbor. Would you want this person living next to you acting this way? I'm gonna guess no. I should have put quotations around the white trash part as a inference had already been made previous to my post about her possibly involvement. But since you neither know her nor live near her, I'm not sure why you jump to defend her knowing what we know of her responses. While I welcome being reprimanded for genuine wrongdoing I politely disagree with your response in this regard.

Also you may be over psycho-analyzing this a bit. As to answering your last question, I would have made an attempt to help out and at least made the other party feel as though I would at least make an effort to help in some way. It's a neighborly thing to do. If I'm so brazen as to blow someone off in this manner, then I would deserve to have it taken away. You show responsibility when you own a pet. Part of that is owning up to things of this nature. If it's too much, you find the animal a good home with someone who can. Simple enough.

Last edited:

BlackSilver

First Post
Do no harm you do not wish to receive

I believe in karma, and I believe that if you harm this cat that you will find karmic pay back is very hard to pay.

Find another way to deal with the cat, pepper your potting soil so that the cat will not use your flowerbed for his activity. Trap the cat in a live trap, and return the cat to the owner, explaining to her that you want to do harm to the cat, because of what he (the cat) is doing on your property, but you are torn about how to handle it.

Cats will be cats, they do not understand human boarders, though they might understand (this is a bit of a disgusting thought) a human “animalistic” marking of a boarder (if you understand what I mean?). Though I am unsure it will work, it might be worth trying.

I truly believe that you should find a none harmful way to deal with this problem as it will come back to haunt you and the karmic pay back is three fold on something like this.

Please, do not harm the cat, just accept that it is a cat and that it is a free spirit.

Tewligan

First Post
Rel said:
Just remember that if you're a 1st level Commoner, this cat has a better than average chance of killing you in a fair fight. Make sure you get the Surprise Round.
On the other hand, if you DO get the surprise round and kill it, you'll be able to take its stuff.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Teemu said:
This is potentially dangerous: she might develop bladder stones.

My wife's a veterniarian, and I asked for her $0.02 on this one:

"Dry cat food does not cause bladder stones. It's a bit complicated, actually. A cat or dog's metabolism is what will ultimately cause bladder stones, unless you're feeding a particularly abnormal and poorly-balanced diet. If an animal is not prone to developing bladder stones, it's pretty safe to feed them either dry or canned food, as long as it's a high-quality, balanced diet.

If an animal is prone to developing bladder stones, I usually do recommend feeding canned food, but that's not because dry food makes stones worse - it's because canned food contains more water, and one of the treatments for urinary problems is increasing the amount of water in the animal's diet. It's equally important, though, to get them on a diet that will properly adjust the urine chemistry to make stone formation less likely - and that can be done with either canned or dry food.

Okay, thank you for listening to me babble - I'll let you get back to your previous conversation, now. :)
-your friendly neighborhood gamer-geek-veterinarian"

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Darthjaye said:
Yes, but her responses to his request tell me she cares very little to even try to remedy the situation.

Yes, but insulting and belittling and dehumanizing are not constructive.

If nothing else, you ought to be trying to keep to the moral high ground. Treat her badly, and you're no better than she is. Two wrongs don't make a right, and all that.

But since you neither know her nor live near her, I'm not sure why you jump to defend her knowing what we know of her responses.

I don't defend her so much as I expect better from my compatriots here on these boards. We so quickly forget the Golden Rule, and that it applies even more to those we dislike than the ones we like.

And, no offense intended to Vraille, but we're on the end of the telephone game. We only have a description of her responses, from the aggrieved party. We're a bit distant to be casting stones. Humans tend to be kinda nasty when allowed anonymity, and I hope for better here.

Also you may be over psycho-analyzing this a bit.

I'm not pycho-analyzing anything. I'm asking folks to treat their fellow human beings decently, even if they are annoying. Even Vraille notes a bit of pity for the lady. Shouldn't the rest of us?

Simple enough.

"Do unto others as you'd have them do unto you," is also simple enough. Would you prefer that someone take your pet away before they'd really run through all other reasonable options?

Remove ads