• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

So, Wandavision?

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
Her subsequent sadistic behavior, in the series' present, demonstrates these tendencies to anyone not biased in her favor.
Not really, no. Much in that town isn't even real. There's no proof that the dog existed, was more than a cockroach or anything else. You can assume reality for those things, but I'm certainly not going to make those assumptions.

We can see that she's not a nice person. We can't see proof that she's a sociopath.

Davies

Legend
Not really, no. Much in that town isn't even real. There's no proof that the dog existed, was more than a cockroach or anything else. You can assume reality for those things, but I'm certainly not going to make those assumptions.
It doesn't matter if he was a cockroach or not; killing another living being, that is not trying to kill you, just to provoke an emotional reaction in someone else is a an act of sadistic cruelty, as is her behavior while observing Wanda's painful past.

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
It doesn't matter if he was a cockroach or not; killing another living being, that is not trying to kill you, just to provoke an emotional reaction in someone else is a an act of sadistic cruelty, as is her behavior while observing Wanda's painful past.
Yes. She's not a nice person. There's a hell of a lot of difference between not being a nice person and being a sociopath. It's possible that she is one, but it's far from proven at this point.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Agatha’s cruel approach to observing Wanda’s past was really no different to her mothers treatment of Agatha when she had the coven tie her to a stake and blast her as punishment.

SO Agatha is displaying learnt behaviour, she’s doing no different to what the Coven did when they identified a powerful threat acting above its age and station.

Also note Wanda has imprisoned the minds of an entire town forcing them to play out her fantasy, how is Agatha‘s confronting her more sadistic than that?

Davies

Legend
Agatha’s cruel approach to observing Wanda’s past was really no different to her mothers treatment of Agatha when she had the coven tie her to a stake and blast her as punishment.
Yes it is. In the first instance, Agatha was a member of their society ("Are you a witch?" "I am a witch.") who had transgressed against its regulations; in the second, Agatha is a self-appointed judge, jury and torturer.

Also note Wanda has imprisoned the minds of an entire town forcing them to play out her fantasy, how is Agatha‘s confronting her more sadistic than that?
The former is the accidental outcome of an unwitting act, and the latter is the deliberate result of conscious choices. The latter is clearly more sadistic.

pukunui

Legend
Do we even know for certain that she genuinely killed the puppy? We just see her holding a bundle that may or may not contain a dead dog. Yes, I know she later admits to killing the dog, but we don't necessarily have to believe her.

I think people are making mountains out of molehills here.

Remove ads