So, Wandavision?

Levistus's_Leviathan

5e Freelancer
In symbolism, we can embrace the power of "and"...

That Stark Toaster commercial...
View attachment 132434
A thing with a face, made by Stark Industries, with a major item on its forehead. In the comics, Vision is occasionally referred to as a toaster. So, that thing on the forehead is the Mind Stone.

The Hydra Soak luxury bath powder comes in... a completely cubic, light blue box
View attachment 132431
That's not a natural shape for a box of bath soap. Looks a lot like the Tesseract, doesn't it? While I can see an argument that the toaster is stretching it, I don't think there's a strong argument that Hydra and a blue cube isn't Tesseract. Really.

And the Strucker ad...
View attachment 132435

What says "TIME" more than a watch?

And, the Lagos paper towels...
View attachment 132437

Have we forgotten that the Aether from Thor: the Dark World was a red fluid?
View attachment 132436

Sure, all these things are references to Wanda's past. But ALSO...
Yeah, that's what I was saying awhile back. If the remnants/vestiges of the Infinity Stones' power sought out Wanda . . . that would explain a lot of stuff in the show. It's the reason Wanda is so much more powerful than she used to be (Power Stone), it's why there's the time difference (Time Stone), it's why there's the barrier and why Wanda can take things from other realities (Space Stone), it's why Vision is back (Mind Stone), it's why her children exist (Soul Stone), it's why Wanda and her children can manipulate reality (Reality Stone), and it's why there is a hexagon shaped barrier (the 6 Infinity Stones).

It feels like the Infinity Stones are a part of this. Agnes could just be trying to take advantage of Wanda's reality somehow. There could be no real villain, it could just be the Infinity Stones and Wanda.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
It feels like the Infinity Stones are a part of this.

So, if this is intentional, the fact that they are referenced in the commercial in no way means that they are relevant to the plot. In the opening animation sequence for one of the sitcom episodes, we see a shape that is clearly the helmet of the Grim Reaper (in the comics, the Grim Reaper is Eric Williams, brother of Simon Williams, aka Wonder Man, from whom Vision's brain engrams are copied). That doesn't mean the Grim Reaper is showing up, or relevant to the plot. They love just referring to the work.

maybe..just maybe we're suffering from a bit of Apophenia?

So, I'm having fun here. The condescending "we" should take a hike. Thanks.

There are three texts to any artwork - the text the creator intended, the text they actually created, and the text that the audience gets from it. All are valid.

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
The comic book Secret Invasion was Skrulls taking over SHIELD, not Kree.
Yeah, but in the comics the Skrulls were the bad guys and the Kree were the good. In the MCU that has so far looked to be reversed. So it really could go either way. LOL.

Levistus's_Leviathan

5e Freelancer
So, if this is intentional, the fact that they are referenced in the commercial in no way means that they are relevant to the plot. In the opening animation sequence for one of the sitcom episodes, we see a shape that is clearly the helmet of the Grim Reaper (in the comics, the Grim Reaper is Eric Williams, brother of Simon Williams, aka Wonder Man, from whom Vision's brain engrams are copied). That doesn't mean the Grim Reaper is showing up, or relevant to the plot. They love just referring to the work.
I know it doesn't mean that it's relevant, but it could be. It's hard to sift through what is relevant to the plot and what is just an easter egg to previous/future content. There's no harm speculating. Especially if it turns out being true.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Yeah, but in the comics the Skrulls were the bad guys and the Kree were the good.

Um, no.

When the first Kree/Skrull War comes to Earth, it is by way of Mar-Vell (the first Captain Marvel, himself a Kree) came to inform the Avengers that the Kree were planning to erase humanity.

The Kree, in the past, took to experimenting on other sentient species, to try to find a way around their own evolutionary stagnation, and also to create super-powered soldiers in their wars (creating the Inhumans in the process). When their leader realizes that this experimenting will lead to the doom of the Kree... the Accusers (like Ronan) are sent out to eradicate the species they experimented on.

No, the Kree were never good guys.

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
Um, no.

When the first Kree/Skrull War comes to Earth, it is by way of Mar-Vell (the first Captain Marvel, himself a Kree) came to inform the Avengers that the Kree were planning to erase humanity.

The Kree, in the past, took to experimenting on other sentient species, to try to find a way around their own evolutionary stagnation, and also to create super-powered soldiers in their wars (creating the Inhumans in the process). When their leader realizes that this experimenting will lead to the doom of the Kree... the Accusers (like Ronan) are sent out to eradicate the species they experimented on.

No, the Kree were never good guys.
Fair enough. I admittedly do not have a deep dive knowledge into the Kree-Skrull War, so my memories of it were that the Skrulls were the Big Bads (making the Kree the "good guys" relatively by comparison.) I defer to your deeper knowledge of the history. :)

That being said... my comment about Heyward being a Kree was merely a joke response anyway. At this point Heyward could just be a regular doofus that will be shunted back down the S.W.O.R.D. ladder once Fury shows back up. LOL!

Remove ads