So, Wandavision?

Dire Bare

Legend
As an aside, I’ve never understood why the world blamed her for that. Dude was already going to explode in a populated public place.
Considering what half the world believes in real life, that plot point didn't seem too unrealistic to me! It was certainly unfair.

Dire Bare

Legend
I don't think they are going with "clueless". I think they are going with "overbearing and controlling".
Wrong choice of words on my part. I didn't mean clueless as in uninformed, but rather clueless in how to effectively resolve situations rather than escalate them.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
I have seen a suggestion that the commercials are going to line up with the Infinity Stones...

To me, they just seem to be referencing Wanda's trauma points: Stark Industries, Strucker/Hydra, and Lagos.

That was the impression I got as well. As was pointed out to me earlier in this thread, the Stark toaster and its uncomfortable wait and red light, seem to stand in for the Stark bomb that landed on Wanda's house, as she and her brother waited in fear for it to go off.

Strucker and Hydra of course played an important part recruiting Wanda and her brother, before she changed sides.

And Lagos is of course a very recent trauma that Wanda experienced.

It seems every commercial is a distorted fragment of Wanda's traumatic repressed memories.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Except, of course, for how before she gets to start that, she's on the field of battle with several Avengers who didn't blip, and who we can expect would, you know, talk with her and stuff. And, again, after that fight, who do you think comes to get control of the situation? From what we see, SWORD is the obvious choice.

Exactly how that happens is probably not important to the plot

Yes probably not important to the plot and thus will be one of those lingering gaps.

Just noting though that Wakanda was fairly isolationist and in the case of Winter Soldier refused to hand him over stating that they were able to deal with him in Wakanda. Circumstances did change after Thanos, but I’m not sure why TChalla would think that SWORD was able to deal with a Vibranium synthezoid better than Shuri could

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him)
Yes probably not important to the plot and thus will be one of those lingering gaps.

Just noting though that Wakanda was fairly isolationist and in the case of Winter Soldier refused to hand him over stating that they were able to deal with him in Wakanda. Circumstances did change after Thanos, but I’m not sure why TChalla would think that SWORD was able to deal with a Vibranium synthezoid better than Shuri could
In the chaos after the snap, they may have "obtained" Vision's body. They had 5 years to do so, ultimately, before T'Challa's and Shuri's (and Wanda's) restoration.
Besides, I expect the other Avengers brought Vis back to the US and it's entirely possible that SWORD would have been able to get it because it was run by Maria Rambeau, someone they wouldn't have had a dispute with (particularly when Captain Marvel arrives on the scene to vouch for her).

TwoSix

Dirty, realism-hating munchkin powergamer

T'Challa wasn't around to tell anyone what to do with anything, since he got snapped. The politics of how the world got reorganized in the five years between Infinity War and Endgame is a massive source of possible plot implications.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Besides, I expect the other Avengers brought Vis back to the US...

I view this as highly likely. From the Avenger's point of view, he wasn't a lump of vibranium, he was a fallen comrade. They get to take his body to what they think of as his home.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
To me, they just seem to be referencing Wanda's trauma points: Stark Industries, Strucker/Hydra, and Lagos.

In symbolism, we can embrace the power of "and"...

That Stark Toaster commercial...
1612840640877.png

A thing with a face, made by Stark Industries, with a major item on its forehead. In the comics, Vision is occasionally referred to as a toaster. So, that thing on the forehead is the Mind Stone.

The Hydra Soak luxury bath powder comes in... a completely cubic, light blue box
1612840347879.png

That's not a natural shape for a box of bath soap. Looks a lot like the Tesseract, doesn't it? While I can see an argument that the toaster is stretching it, I don't think there's a strong argument that Hydra and a blue cube isn't Tesseract. Really.

And the Strucker ad...
1612840821707.png

What says "TIME" more than a watch?

And, the Lagos paper towels...
1612841082758.png

Have we forgotten that the Aether from Thor: the Dark World was a red fluid?
1612841066674.png

Sure, all these things are references to Wanda's past. But ALSO...

Remove ads