So, Wandavision?

TwoSix

Dirty, realism-hating munchkin powergamer
Least fav "comedy" part. Really like modern family but this didn't work for me. No idea who Agatha is, so will have to read all about her.
Oh, I really enjoyed how they borrowed the mockumentary style. The camera angles were all spot on, and watching Darcy and Vision steal the truck was done in that farcical style those shows love. Olsen and Bettany did a really good job with the expressiveness and the physical tics in their interview scenes. And Vision realizing he could just break the interview and leave was really funny.

I'm really impressed with how the show is writing around and leaning into fans' expectations. The writers are perfectly aware that everyone watching the show thinks Agnes is suspicious. They also know that the comic-savvy fans are pretty sure Agnes is Agatha Harkness. So they didn't have the reveal in the basement be the ending bomb, they leaned into it by having an entire sitcom intro for Agatha, showing everything she's done. Framing it as a sitcom also is a meta-presentation that Agatha's powers are of the type and caliber as Wanda's.

I also think Agatha's powers being purple just shows that type of magic has an individual signature, not that Wanda's powers have anything to do with the Reality stone, as I've seen some people guess over the last few weeks.

Oh, I really enjoyed how they borrowed the mockumentary style. The camera angles were all spot on, and watching Darcy and Vision steal the truck was done in that farcical style those shows love. Olsen and Bettany did a really good job with the expressiveness and the physical tics in their interview scenes. And Vision realizing he could just break the interview and leave was really funny.

I'm really impressed with how the show is writing around and leaning into fans' expectations. The writers are perfectly aware that everyone watching the show thinks Agnes is suspicious. They also know that the comic-savvy fans are pretty sure Agnes is Agatha Harkness. So they didn't have the reveal in the basement be the ending bomb, they leaned into it by having an entire sitcom intro for Agatha, showing everything she's done. Framing it as a sitcom also is a meta-presentation that Agatha's powers are of the type and caliber as Wanda's.

This episode reminded why I hate early 2000's sitcoms and the first part of the episode was the least enjoyable part for me of the whole series so far.

As for Agnes, this entire series was fully filmed and ready to go before they aired the first episode, so while the writers may have been hoping they got the expectations right, it is not like they were writing and filming this in response to all the fan theories and such, the way your post makes it sound.

Remove ads