D&D (2024) So what's with 2024 and beyond?

Parmandur

Book-Friend
I know its a big ask but: When might we see the new rule books? They aren't going to wait until August/GenCon right?
Wouldn't expect them earlier than September, considering that they are all still doing public playtesting, which comes before private playtesting and finalization in WotC process.

Last edited:

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Unless they produce a '24 compatible version, I fail to see how. The pregens lack new features like updated species traits and weapon mastery. Spells and monster stats will not always match. It will be usable, but the rules will no longer segue from starter to PHB without conversion.

Even if the adventure is the same, I wager an updated version will be coming out.
WotC doesn't care as much about whether the starter rules line up 100% with the Core books as you or I might. They'll do a new Starter eventually, though. Target loves them.

I know its a big ask but: When might we see the new rule books? They aren't going to wait until August/GenCon right?

I'm with @Parmandur. September for whatever book is first, then Oct; then Nov. I think that you can just about bank on that. Which kinda misses the 50th Anniversary, IIRC, which should actually be something like March, right?

Parmandur

Book-Friend
WotC doesn't care as much about whether the starter rules line up 100% with the Core books as you or I might. They'll do a new Starter eventually, though. Target loves them.

I'm with @Parmandur. September for whatever book is first, then Oct; then Nov. I think that you can just about bank on that. Which kinda misses the 50th Anniversary, IIRC, which should actually be something like March, right?
Actual to the date is not really necessary: they didn't make that with 2014 or 2004, either. No doubt they will do something eother in social media for the actual anniversary, maybe that anthology book Pwrkins is teasing now as well.

Last edited:

Remove ads