D&D (2024) So what's with 2024 and beyond?

bedir than

Full Moon Storyteller
I'm with @Parmandur. September for whatever book is first, then Oct; then Nov. I think that you can just about bank on that. Which kinda misses the 50th Anniversary, IIRC, which should actually be something like March, right?
I expect the PHB to be much earlier, closer to June. I'll bet its already laid out with everything not currently being tested.

Also, they're probably most concerned with maximizing the holiday spend in the anniversary year rather than the mid Spring spend

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
I expect the PHB to be much earlier, closer to June. I'll bet its already laid out with everything not currently being tested.

Also, they're probably most concerned with maximizing the holiday spend in the anniversary year rather than the mid Spring spend
Yeah, if anything, they so far seem pretty indifferent to the anniversary itself, other than putting out a new not-an-edition of the books. Focusing on the holiday season is what makes the most sense for them.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
I'd like that, but I don't expect it. Just seems too close to still be playtesting to me. Could be, though. I'm no expert on work-to-production schedules.

That makes sense. The Vecna book will probably take their spring slot anyhow.

Parmandur

Book-Friend

2014 came out in August, my gut says not earlier than that, probably, and thenplaytest process seem to suggest that.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
I'd like that, but I don't expect it. Just seems too close to still be playtesting to me. Could be, though. I'm no expert on work-to-production schedules.

That makes sense. The Vecna book will probably take their spring slot anyhow.
Based on what Perkins has teased about the Vecna book, as a sort of multiversal greatest hits tour, it seems very appropriate to be the explicit anniversary date release proper.

Vaalingrade

Legend
I've been out of the loop for awhile, but it seems like we don't know anything more about 2024 than we did a year or so ago. Still three core rulebooks, right? What about the "classic setting revisited?" And what happened to the new setting(s) that were mentioned awhile back? I see a Vecna adventure path is planned?

So what have I missed over the last year or so, in terms of rumors for 2024 and beyond? Where is D&D going? Do we know when the core rulebooks will be released? Any other plans that have been hinted at?
Getting the chiclets slapped out of their mouth in their bid to abandon the OGL changed all the plans. We haven't heard what the deal is going to be because they don't know either.

tetrasodium

Legend
Supporter
Epic
For the classic setting revisited I'd toss my darts towards possibly Athas revisited to shift away from post apocalyptic you know economy tabellands towards a still post apocalyptic but much more local & rural late 1800's early 1900s "company" town turned Matewan & mcdowell county inspired focus since it was still awful.

Although it's probably a safe bet that we could see revising FR to address

Remove ads