So who all plans on playing DDO?

Will DDO be part of your life?

• Absolutely! Ill play this game every day of my life.

Votes: 7 8.0%
  • Possibly, depends how it turns out and adapts the rules.

Votes: 48 55.2%
  • No, i dont do that stuff.

Votes: 29 33.3%
  • Whats DDO? and for that matter whats an MMORPG?

Votes: 3 3.4%

Griffonsec

First Post
Bah, I'm hating it. I don't even really play my beta account anymore, I couldn't imaging paying for it.

I wanted to play a DnD online game, not a game that uses a few concepts and changes them however they see fit. Plus, the level 10 cap leaves a lot of character builds out in the dark.

I've played several of the more popular MMORPGs but they all feel... empty to me after a while, particularly because they have pointlessly intricate magic research and item manufacturing systems as part of the "fun". I really don't want "Chainmail AC 237, def 38, energy 89, fire 45, ice 19, blunt 843, piercing 348, magic res 333, magic power 71". I just want Chainmail +2 because I'm a die-hard D&D grognard and I have little or no use for any game that thinks there is a NEED for anything more complex than that. Does that make any sense?

Another part of the problem is that NONE of these MMO "RPG's" are REALLY rpg's. They may pretend to be but when it comes down to it they do a pretty shallow job of even that because NPC's simply cannot be adequately programmed to react to PC's in ways from open combat to interactive discussion of even a singular topic.

I'm sure I'll buy it and try it, but if I can't get into THIS one I wonder if I'll ever bother with another MMORPG again. I'm kinda hoping that just having D&D-based mechanics underneath it will swing it for me but I'm not holding my breath.

KenM

Banned
Banned
I got to play the DDO stress test they had a little while ago. Good game, but the changes they made to the DnD game were too many IMO. So I thought it was not DnD, so why call it Dungeons and Dragons if you are making enouch changes so it does not even play like it? I can't go into details due to the NDA.

Remove ads