• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Some of my artwork

Eric Lofgren

First Post
Thanks for the feedback guys. I sure appreciate it. Hopefully, I'll be able to post some more color work soon. I get bogged down in the B&W quite a bit these days.

Bulrak, I'm afraid I won't be able to help you out. Thanks for the thought and your interest in my work, though :) And best of luck in your endeavors.

Thanks again everyone,
Eric

CrazyMage

4th Level Lawful Good Cleric
I first saw your work in Scrollworks (Lazarus Ewell inthe most recent issue was very cool) and now I have another reason to look forward to the Windhaven book from Affinity. That "Weapons Shop" pic is awesome.

Malessa

First Post
The detail on his armor, is just unbelieveably, wow.....How are you able to have such detail? I mean, do you dream it up as you go along, or is there something that helps you visualize? Mind sharing some of your secrets? I wont tell, promise.;)

Eric Lofgren

First Post
Malessa said:
The detail on his armor, is just unbelieveably, wow.....How are you able to have such detail? I mean, do you dream it up as you go along, or is there something that helps you visualize? Mind sharing some of your secrets? I wont tell, promise.;)

Thanks Malessa. Actually, I have a strong idea well ahead of time of just what I want to see in my illustrations and dressings and trappings such as armour and/or chain mail and weapons are rendered in a method that I've grown accustomed to. As for visualizing, it's always best to try and plan out in advance things like design, concept, layout and color schemes (if applicable) so that you're not stumbling around trying to completet the illo. Having a solid idea laid down on paper before you begin the final is a life saver and will produce a much tighter finish.

Thanks to everyone else for your kind words :)

Eric

Eric Lofgren

First Post
Some more art from meself

jeshannon said:
Great work here Erik !!! solid drawing skills :D

Hey, thanks John.

I guess it's been a while since I've been back. I thought I'd come and show off some more digital color work I've been doing. It's a cover for Scrollworks Press found here: www.scrollworkspress.com A great little fanzine tailored for the RPG enthusiasts. I look forward to any comments/feedback/critiques you all may have. I value the input a lot.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts on this latest piece!:)

Eric

Attachments

• mummy cover.jpg
    mummy cover.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 246
Last edited:

PeterDodge

First Post
That is some incredibly good stuff ... makes anything I've done look like scribbles.

I was wondering, you wouldn't consider throwing something at me for my campaign setting Elvenblood ( http://crpgn.mortality.net/elvenblood ) The site should give some insight into the setting.

I would appreciate anything you could make, no matter the size. I'm certainlly willing to work with your schedule and don't mind waiting a while if you're interested.

I could possibly comphensate you later, we're currently publisher-hunting. I wouldn't mind doing that, if I become able...

(I've been looking at Bastion Press and they were friendly, but (big but..) I'm not far enough into the writing process for them to make a judgement as to whether to publish me or not)

Last edited:

CrazyMage

4th Level Lawful Good Cleric
Re: Some more art from meself

Eric Lofgren said:
It's a cover for Scrollworks Press found here: www.scrollworkspress.com A great little fanzine tailored for the RPG enthusiasts. I look forward to any comments/feedback/critiques you all may have. I value the input a lot.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts on this latest piece!:)
Eric

Good gravy on toast!!! Is that sweet! I can't wait for that issue of Scrollworks.

BTW Eric, I didn't mention it in my last post, but Christian has been kind enough to publish a few of my writings. So pull out your back issues and look for things by John Toppe. :D

Remove ads