Some Stories Are True

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Wrenn's countenance deepens into a frown of concern, "I doubt very seriously that what we're hearing is the cry of a baby. Think about it. What would a baby be doing out here, un-attended? No parent in their right mind would leave an infant unattended long enough for it to decide to cry, in the middle of a wilderness with beasts lurking about. Whatever that is, it's no baby. We should be cautious."

Astrid

Explorer
Astrid frowns at Wrenn "I said a caravan coming through, not a lone babe. Anyway, shall we see what we are dealing with or attempt to avoid it?"

OCC: IDK how you do your OCCs, but omg I just discovered Dark mode. This is so much better.

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Wrenn says, "Let's check it out..."
OOC: You use brackets. I will show you how, but to post here without activating the code, I will need to space out each letter.

[ o o c ] sample text here [ / o o c ]
Basically, a bracketed command STARTS the function, and a bracketed command with a forward slash ( / ) ends the function.

Command list (most used):

COLOR
OOC
SPOILER

(Using pattern above)

e.g.

[q u o t e = SomeonesName] What they said [/ q u o t e ]
[ s p o i l e r ] Text that you want to hide [ / s p o i l e r ]
etc.

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Ant Stingers: 4, {toxicity x2}
OOC: NOTE: If the quote button is used to reply, most codes used by that person will be shown in text form. You can then delete the quoted information if you do not wish to use it. That is how I learned most of the codes I use.

GM said:
At one of these intermittent stops during the mid-morning, a distinctly odd sound similar to a quietly crying baby can be heard from up in the distance. The sound may be coming from the canopy, but it seems more like it is from ground level.
Astrid... "Do the Storytellers mention any creatures that cry like babes? Or is there chance that some .... caravan? Could be coming through here... I can circle around..."
Wrenn... "I doubt very seriously that what we're hearing is the cry of a baby..."
Oorvid shakes his head and whispers, "Caravan?... That is not a person. Let's spread out. I CAN throw these axes."

The only thing to have ever arrived from the direction that the party is currently traveling is the Storyteller. The only trade to come overland comes from the Centrin Village to the north.
CAFBE845-A377-4531-999D-B69BFE39C150.jpeg

Moving forward in an arced flanking formation, the four see that it is, of all things, a bird that is making the noise. It appears to be a type of thrush, an edible bird. It is dragging one wing and hopping sideways. It pulls in its wing, works it forward in a circular motion like a person trying to loosen a kink out of the shoulder, then puts it back out to drag it.

It is Hiroshi, due to his Centrin heritage, that currently has the most information. "Wounded bird act." He whispers. "It has a nest nearby that a predator is after."

It is known that thrushes nest near the ground. Watching the bird, a lizard, about the length of a person's arm, is closing in on it. While not much of a predator, it could easily swallow the bird's eggs and even the bird if it catches it. Intent on one another, neither the bird nor the lizard have noticed the people. The lizard is currently about 6 strides from anyone, the bird, 8.
GM: A stride is equal to the average length of a single adult's step and is the common term used to declare short distances. It has a length of about 1 yard or 3' in American terminology or about 1 meter everywhere else in the world.

OOC: Each character receives 5 DP.

Last edited:

MacConnell

"Are we to save a bird or go on our way?..."

Understanding the question but fearing that he may be too far away to effectively answer without being too loud, Oorvid uses hand gestures to indicate killing the lizard and eating it, letting the bird go.
GM: General society would consider the lizard to be edible and nothing strange of the suggestion.

Astrid

Explorer
Astrid shrugs her shoulders and begins to spin her sling while waiting for the others to move a bit closer encase she misses. When they have, she focuses on her target before letting lose the rock she has loaded knowing that as long as she hits center mass she should have no problem downing a lizard of this size.

MacConnell

Astrid: full wellness
Stones: 20 - 1 = 19
Hiroshi: full wellness
Oorvid: full wellness
Wrenn: full wellness
Arrows: 20 - 1 = 19
Ant Stingers: 4, {toxicity x2}
GM said:
... Watching the bird, a lizard, about the length of a person's arm, is closing in on it... about 6 strides from anyone, the bird, 8.
9C5529B5-C7B9-40E2-893C-B1F82E4E5D04.jpeg
Astrid... spin her sling... focuses on her target...
GM: NOTE: If mechanics are used and a random roll is not available, as GM, I will use a 50 for both PC and NPC.

All four youths are equipped with projectile weapons or at least weapons that may be used as such. It is not necessary to move closer but Hiroshi and Oorvid both attempt to do so, since their weapons have the shortest range. At this point, the lizard is still intent upon the the bird and the bird intent upon the lizard. Seeing the preparation from Astrid, Wrenn begins to draw an arrow.
GM: As per previous discussion, it is possible for Astrid to 'charge' a stone with electricity, heat, or sound. Sound is the best option, at this point, when assaulting an animal, as animals tend to have greater bodily faculties than mental, and sound causes mental damage.

Astrid: 200 (sling/ bending)
Hiroshi: 200 (move/javelin)
Oorvid: 200 (move/axe)
Wrenn: 200 (bow)
LAUNCH + ACCURACY + CLARITY + d100 +/- range
LAUNCH: Body + Motility + Combat
ACCURACY: Mind + Knowledge + Commercial
CLARITY: Essence + Cohesion + Collegiate
Astrid: 10 + 14 + 11 + 50 = 85 - 50(range) = 35
Hiroshi: 10 + 12 + 11 + 50 = 83 - 50(range) = 33
Oorvid: 11 + 16 + 10 + 50 = 87 - 100(range), miss
Wrenn: 11 + 13 + 14 + 50 = 88 - 0(range) = 88
BENDING + various Collegiate + d100
BENDING: Mind + Knowledge + Will + Commercial
Astrid: 14 + 09(sound) + 50 = 73
Avoidance + Analysis + d100
Lizard: 6 + 0 + 50 = 56
Condition + Clarity + d100
Lizard: 7 + 0 + 50 = 57
damage: 73 - 57 = 16% * 2 = 1 (minimum damage for success)
Mind: 1 - 1 = 0, unconscious
It takes all of 2 seconds for Astrid to loose her stone, but it misses the target by about half an arm's length. Before she can frown, when the stone strikes the ground, it emits a trill sound like metal struck upon metal. The sound, so close to the lizard, stuns it. It is at that instant that the arrow from Wrenn strikes it, pinning it to the ground.

Oorvid uncovers his ears, which he had reflexively cupped with his hands, and laughs. "Ha! I was right! I knew you had the talent."
OOC: Each character receives 5 DP.

I noticed that Astrid and Hiroshi have not been updated. Let me know if there are any questions about how this should be done, as it will become very detrimental as the game progresses.

Last edited:

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Seeing that the lizard is so small, Wrenn surmises that the hide and claws will be useless in terms of proclivities, and/or viability as armor. Thus, Wrenn begins the task of carving and curing the meat, for the purposes of a future meal or two.

Wrenn smiles, "Well, this was our first encounter, and it looks like the powers that be were with us. Our bellies will be full tonight. What a strange tactic the bird used. Very cunning and wise."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases