Something people can illustrate if they want

ajanders

Explorer
I play in the Living EN World game.
One of my posts is getting into my character's background and the reason he left a perfectly safe farmer's life to go be an adventurer and get his head bashed in.
Specifically, it's an Epic Divine Vision (tm).
I will put it in the next post here.
If anyone gets inspired by it, draws something, and posts it here, I'll tell people you're Really Kewl (tm). This has no real value, mind, as nobody cares about my artistic opinions, but you can look at it when you feel badly about yourself and know you have a fan.
And if you don't want to do anything, that's obviously fine too.
End of introduction, start of vision...

ajanders

Explorer
The Divine Vision

I dreamt I stood on a high mountain, looking down on a fair city open to all, reaching out to embrace the world, free of fear.
And to it came the people of the world, bringing gifts, and from it came the people of the world, bearing gifts, so that all the world was fair to look upon and prospered.
And it was good.
And about the fair city came a dark tide of blood and evil.
The people of the fair city gathered their tools and piled a great mound of earth about their fair city.
Thus they hoped to hold back the tide.
But the tide rose up and overflowed the mound, destroying a part of the fair city.
And the mountain spoke in a woman's voice, whispering "Earth will not hold."
But the people of the fair city were not defeated, and taking up their tools, they built a high wall of timbers about their fair city.
But the tide rose up and overflowed the wall, destroying another part of the fair city.
And the mountain called in a queen's voice, saying "Wood will not hold."
But the people of the fair city were not yet defeated, and taking up their tools, they built a great rampart of stone about their fair city.
But the tide rose up and overflowed the rampart, destroying all but a single silver tower of the fair city.
And the mountain shouted in a giantess' voice, saying "Stone Will not hold."
And the tide rose up again, dark and bloody, to cast down the last silver tower of the fair city, and the people despaired, for all their craft was nothing before the evil tide, which overflowed earth and wood and stone.
The people gathered themselves about the last tower and held it up with their backs and beat the tide away with their hands,
And the dark tide was overthrown, and fell back, and the silver tower stood within a wall of men and women, weary but undaunted.
And the mountain roared in a goddess'voice, so that all the world shook, saying
"BUILD THOU A WALL. HOLD BACK THE TIDE."
And I awoke.

Remove ads