Special Conversion Thread: Moldvay's Undead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shade

Monster Junkie
Here's a stab at it...

Aura of Desecrated Animation (Su): Le Grande Zombi is continuously surrounded by an aura of negative energy to a range of x feet. This functions as a desecrate spell centered on Le Grande Zombi, who is considered to be a permanent fixture dedicated to a deity (thus granting a –6 profane penalty on turning checks, +2 profane bonus and +2 hit points per HD for undead in the area). Additionally, all corpses within the area arise as zombies or skeletons (depending on the freshness of the corpse), under the command of Le Grande Zombi.

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
I like it! How about 40 ft? That's double the range of a normal desecrate and should be big enough to provide contain quite a few corpses.

Shade

Monster Junkie
Updated.

For the summon zombie ability, shall we model it off the summon ability of outsiders rather than simply summon monster spells? That way he'd get them to hang around for an hour.

freyar

I think that's a good idea; it's much simpler that way since we can limit the options more sensibly. Maybe make it a ton of zombies, a moderate number of Large or Huge zombies, or a few of some more nasty kind of undead (nightshades, maybe)?

Shade

Monster Junkie
What if we just limited to up to X Hit Dice of any type of zombie, including juju zombies, the variant zombies in the article in which he originated, and other variant zombies throughout the various sources. Something like so...

Summon Undead (Sp): X times per day, Le Grande Zombi can automatically summon up to X Hit Dice of undead. These must be zombies or a variant zombie (such as juju zombies, hungry dead, etc.) This ability is the equivalent of a 9th-level spell (CL xth).

This way, we can account for templates rather easily.

freyar

Good idea, and I agree with demiurge. CL 20? Edit: or 22 to go with his spellcasting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads