D&D General Spell Effects Minis Coming From Wizkids

There are two upcoming spell effect miniatures sets coming in February 2020 from Wizkids. The first, for $49.99, is called Mighty Conjurations and includes flaming spheres, arcane eyes, dancing lights, forcecages, and more. The second. for $59.99, is called Halaster’s Tumultuous Templates which are area templated for fireballs, webs, burning hands, and so on.

DDFX02_Renders_SET2-768x349.png

• 1 Create Bonfire
  • 1 Flaming Sphere
  • 1 Rope Trick
  • 1 Healing Spirit (Beast)
  • 1 Healing Spirit (Fey)
  • 1 Maximilian’s Earthen Grasp
  • 1 Mordenkainen’s Sword
  • 1 Arcane Eye
  • 1 Guardian of Faith
  • 6 Bones of the Earth
  • 4 Dancing Lights
  • 1 Leomund’s Tiny Hut
  • 1 Mordenkainen’s Faithful Hound
  • 1 Leomund’s Secret Chest
  • 1 Forcecage (Cage)
  • 1 Forcecage (Box)

DDFX02_Renders_SET1-768x397.png

• 1 Fireball & Delayed Blast Fireball
  • 1 Spirit Guardian (Angelic)
  • 1 Spirit Guardian (Fey)
  • 1 Spirit Guardian (Fiend)
  • 1 Burning Hands
  • 1 Faerie Fire
  • 1 Web
  • 1 Moonbeam
  • 1 Hypnotic Pattern
  • 1 Fear

Connorsrpg

Adventurer
Hmmm. Not a purchase for me thought they look good. That force wall thing looks just like the container you get dice in (which we use a lot). Many of these are for spells that don't even hang around. Don't see the point of a pretty fireball template when you hover over minis for a second and then take away again?

But templates are better than measuring everything. I am not a fan of spells being so based on geometry full stop though. I mushc prefer 13thAge's approach.

ccs

41st lv DM
Didn’t WizKids already release a box with some of these effects in it? Spiritual Weapon and Bigby’s Hand were in there, and there was another set for Wall of Fire and Wall of Ice. Are these part of the same series?

Some of them, yes. But this is WizKids, they'll re-use sculpts over & over & over again. Paint it a different color & call it something else. Some of those are pulled from the D&D/PF figure lines.

Minis for ropetrick and flaming sphere are pretty useful. But for one shot spells such as burning hands or fear? That seems like a waste of plastic. Many of these do not have any value being indicated visually on a map, and in fact get in the way of play.

Nebulous

Legend
But these things are too expensive IMO. $60 for the spell templates, I guess that's $6 each. Not terrible but I don't think they'll get used that often. You'd use one or two of them regularly but the others, no. But hell, all miniatures are expensive so this is no different, but I'm sure a cheaper option is out there instead of hard plastic.

Remove ads

Latest threads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases