Spider-Verse Expansion Coming For Marvel Roleplaying

Create your own version of Spider-Man!

spidey1.jpeg

The Marvel Multiverse Roleplaying Game announced an X-Men expansion earlier this year, and now designer Matt Forbeck has revealed that a Spider-Man supplement is joining the lineup in summer 2024. This book, called the Spider-Verse Expansion, allows you to create your own Spiderman, along with supporting characters like Uncle Ben and Aunt May, plus classic Spider-Man villains.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Always found it weird to add on hype for supplements to a product that hasn't been released.
Huh. And I was just reading in another thread whether somebody complained that an upcoming game didn’t have support material announced. Guess you can’t please everyone…

Though providing info about support material for your upcoming game is a complaint I’ve not come across up until now, so you get points for originality at least! :D

Even though the original playtest was spectacularly awful, they made some significant adjustments and I’m actually looking forward to the release of Marvel Multiverse as something that has now got promise. Any good game needs its supplements, of course, and I’m pretty certain that those buying Spiderman Multiverse will know exactly what they want from it.

I dare to say this will be bought by lot of marvel z... I mean marvel fandom who will be not interested into the crunch but the "fluf"(lore).

Congratulations, now you will can enjoy the Spiderman where he is married Mary Jane and they are parents of May Parker and Little Ben. And Ben Reilly/Scarlert Spider is a member of Foundation Future.

Do you think we could watch an actual-play show where players are with this game?

I am more curious about everyone else's own take on Spider-Man. ;) My take on the web-head is that on his Earth, he was one of the many humans who had a latent Inhuman heritage that was activated by the Terrigen Bomb.

Micah Sweet

Level Up & OSR Enthusiast
Huh. And I was just reading in another thread whether somebody complained that an upcoming game didn’t have support material announced. Guess you can’t please everyone…

Though providing info about support material for your upcoming game is a complaint I’ve not come across up until now, so you get points for originality at least! :D
So far, there have been two supplements announced for this game. They were announced separately, months apart, both prior to the release of the core game.  That's what I found odd. Why make separate announcements?

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
So far, there have been two supplements announced for this game. They were announced separately, months apart, both prior to the release of the core game.  That's what I found odd. Why make separate announcements?

Because the projects were not both ready to talk about at the same time?

Because the timeline for release of the third animated Spiderverse movie in 2024 solidified enough for them to plan to coincide with it?

And goodness knows what other good business reasons there may be. Don't sweat it.

Jer

Legend
Supporter
In addition to what @Umbran pointed out - the company making this game is actually Marvel comics. This is their first outing into the world of rpgs but they have a lot of experience marketing comics. And announcing things in this way is exactly on brand for Marvel - they'll probably re-announce all of their "coming expansions" when the RPG drops on August 2nd, and they'll announce each of these projects again later. They're trying to build hype.

I wouldn't read too much into it. This is Marvel - if they handle it the way they handle their comics if the game does well on release these are the things we should expect to see, and if it flops on release they'll quietly just stop talking about it and hope people forget about it.

jdrakeh

Front Range Warlock
Except that this isn't their first outing into the world of RPGs. They also published the Marvel Universe RPG in 2003, which was a complete mess. Hopefully they learned from that experience.

DammitVictor

Trust the Fungus
Supporter
Congratulations, now you will can enjoy the Spiderman where he is married Mary Jane and they are parents of May Parker and Little Ben. And Ben Reilly/Scarlert Spider is a member of Foundation Future.
Oh, we can do better. How about the timeline where a completely unprepared Kaine has to retire from his life of crime to raise his orphaned niece Mayday?

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads