Sprites / Objects for Mapping Tools?

Pyrex

First Post
I'm trying to make a few maps for my weekly game, but have become frustrated with the limitations imposed by the mapping tools I've tried and have gone back to using photo-editing software.

Anyone know a good source for free art / tiles / sprites / objects I can use?

The tiles/objects that came with Dungeon Crafter 3 are a great starting point, but I'm finding myself in need of additional interior objects (specifically, today, curved bench pieces...)

Any thoughts on additional resources?

Redrobes

First Post
Pyrex said:
I'm trying to make a few maps for my weekly game, but have become frustrated with the limitations imposed by the mapping tools I've tried and have gone back to using photo-editing software.
Would just like to know what are those limitations you are referring to ? I can understand that a photo editor has less limits in some respects but has more in others and it can be a lot slower too so there must be some features that are important to you that you currently do not have in your mapping program or rather it has something which is getting in the way. I ask because its a core aim of my app to impose very few limitations.

Pyrex

First Post
The first limitation was self-imposed: I didn't want to spend any money on the software, which limited me to either free packages available online or the photo-editing software I already had installed (the recently-discontinued Digital Image Suite if you're curious)

I had two issues with Dungeon Crafter 3.
1) The map size was too small. Using the default tiles I couldn't make a map big enough for a 80'x140' temple complex.

2) For the life of me I couldn't figure out how to erase a tile I laid down in the wrong place. Once I had a couple tiles wrong I gave up and went back to DIS

Other reasons I went back to DIS:
1) Robust layering and object support allowing me to place, rotate, duplicate, and align dungeon-objects pixel-perfectly.

Downsides to using DIS:
1) Vector drawing support (drawing walls) is pretty weak (duh, it's a photo app).
2) Similarly, support for painting with a texture (for laying down large sections of floor) is weak, but can be worked around by duplicating floor tiles then using the alignment tools to match them into place.

Pyrex

First Post

Attachments

• FirstFloor.jpg
    FirstFloor.jpg
    226.6 KB · Views: 181

Remove ads