Squared FireBalls?

JahellTheBard

First Post
Along with the concept that diagonal count as the side of a square ( no more 1,5 times), we have to consider that in 4 Ed. Fireball ( and all the like) will expand in a squared space ???

Seems very odd to me :confused: ...

Hella_Tellah

Explorer
JahellTheBard said:
Along with the concept that diagonal count as the side of a square ( no more 1,5 times), we have to consider that in 4 Ed. Fireball ( and all the like) will expand in a squared space ???

Seems very odd to me :confused: ...

A fireball will only be square if the areas of spells will be determined the same way movement is, as in 3e. I doubt that will be the case, and I strongly suspect a fireball will remain spherical in shape.

jodyjohnson

Adventurer
Hella_Tellah said:
A fireball will only be square if the areas of spells will be determined the same way movement is, as in 3e. I doubt that will be the case, and I strongly suspect a fireball will remain spherical in shape.

I haven't seen a spherical Fireball since 1999.

Derren

Hero
Hella_Tellah said:

And that would mean that when standing in the center of a persistent area effect (say web) you can get much faster out of the area of effect when walking diagonally than when walking in a straight line.

Even more silliness....

Mortellan

Explorer
Them's the breaks of grid based combat. Other mini games such as WH 40k use circular templates and arent bound by grids. My group has done rather well using the same system for D&D encounters when in open terrain. Works less well in dungeons that tend to be gridded all the time.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases