[+] Star Trek Discovery (Fan) Thread

Janx

Hero
It was good.

I called it on AI Gone Bad when the admiral stated they send everything to control and they been locked out for weeks. It's Mass Effect all over again :)

The fight scene even had a double-fist slam by Burnham if I recall.

I bet they keep the beard because it helps fuzzy out the differences between Nimoy and this actor.

I would have loved it if they'd reshot the snippets from Talos 4 with the current actors. I realize it was an homage to the original, but it would have tightened things up visually (and probably been fun to make).

I bet it'll be Burnham as the red angel (she knows where Spock will be to go visit). Or it'll be old-spock while galavanting around space-time after Romulus goes boom (or some such). Or it's the real Captain Lorca, floating like Kirk in the in-between.

We also don't see much of Hugh. He's been funky modified, maybe he's got spore-drive powers

MarkB

Legend
I bet it'll be Burnham as the red angel (she knows where Spock will be to go visit).

The only reason I don't think it'll be her is because the Red Angel helped the young Spock to save Burnham. Going back in time for her own sake feels out of character.

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
The only reason I don't think it'll be her is because the Red Angel helped the young Spock to save Burnham. Going back in time for her own sake feels out of character.

I think this was addressed in tonight's episode.

Hussar

Legend
Well, just watched the latest. Very interesting. More of a character piece than anything. Nice story, interesting dilemma. Maybe not the most exciting episode, but, then again, watching Michael Yeoh do Crane Kung Fu is always worth a watch. :D

Pike certainly lives the Starfleet ideals.

Discovery's shuttles seem to definitely move at the speed of the plot - they make a big point to mycelium jump the DSC to Boreth, but the shuttle flies to the Section 31 ship with regular warp drive. Well, maybe the ship was already en route to intercept the Discovery at Boreth when the crew started to fight against Control?

MarkB

Legend
Pike certainly lives the Starfleet ideals.

Discovery's shuttles seem to definitely move at the speed of the plot - they make a big point to mycelium jump the DSC to Boreth, but the shuttle flies to the Section 31 ship with regular warp drive. Well, maybe the ship was already en route to intercept the Discovery at Boreth when the crew started to fight against Control?

Maybe speed wasn't the issue - it was more that a tiny shuttle flying out of Klingon space is less likely to be a diplomatic incident than a whole starship flying in towards one of their holy sites.

Talking of which, all those Section 31 ships (plus the Enterprise) are going to look an awful lot like an invasion force to the Klingons.

Hussar

Legend
And, isn't there a D7 class cruiser sitting RIGHT THERE? It's not like the Discovery is alone. I kinda wonder if that's going to get "forgotten" about in the next episode. Or, heck, since they spent all of last season doing it, why not dial up the Spore Drive and get the heck out of dodge? It's not like they have to stay.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases