[+] Star Trek Discovery (Fan) Thread

MarkB

Legend
I never got the point of those handle things in the turbolift, but I’m glad they put them in. And the whistle noise when the captain enters the bridge.

Damn, I want a series set on that ship!

It almost felt like they were teasing viewers with the potential for it. It was like "okay, we live on the Enterprise now, and we're going to blow up Discovery and move on to- oh no, the self destruct didn't work, how totally unexpected."

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I wouldn’t be totally surprised if they announced one. I mean, they’ve built the set, made the uniforms, cast Pike, Spock, and Number One. They’re halfway there already!

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Now THAT was one hell of a space battle. By far the best looking space battle in any iteration of Star Trek. I was on the edge of my seat the whole episode.

Man, when Spock walked on to the Enterprise bridge, clean shaven and in his blue uniform... we so badly need that show!

Where does the show go from here? Does it follow Discovery 900 years in the future? Or does it stay in the present? It would be interesting to see what the Federation looks like 900 years later.

The s31 show is coming, headed up by Ash Tyler.

I’m really sad the season is over. After Game of Thrones, this has been the show I’ve looked forward to each week most in the last year or two.

Next up is Picard, I guess! Later this year.

MarkB

Legend
The space battle was okay, but the swarms of smaller craft did make it feel awfully busy, and I don't think anyone will have been surprised by the Klingons' cavalry moment. There have certainly been better-choreographed battle scenes.

It was an enjoyable episode, and does a very nice job of rounding out the series with two fully-crewed hero ships each setting out on their own very different journeys, leaving the setting wide open for a continuation, or a spin-off, or both.

I didn't quite like the space battle on some level. I mean they managed to give us about an entire episode just about a single space battle, and it wasn't boring at all. But I was kinda hoping for a bit more definite Section 31 ships exploding under fire. The drones and shuttles made it kinda hard to really see the "progress" of the battle, but the shield indicators at least tracked that reasonably well.

Of course, the Cleave ship's arrival was quite satisfying.

Hussar

Legend
That was one of the best space battle scenes period. Any show. THAT'S how you do space opera battles.

Excellent episode, fills up pretty much all the plot holes that people complained about, and, if that line about the next series being in the 33rd century is true, then folks will have to find all sorts of totally new things to whine about. :D

Total win.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases