• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Star Trek: Enterprise -[Final Mission]- Stardate:503150. Final Log

Arnwyn

First Post
Terrible, terrible final episode. Just garbage. Only the last 20 seconds was any good.

Goodbye and good riddance, Enterprise.

reveal

Adventurer
John Crichton said:
Dude. I would love to be on a Trek ep as a redshirt and get killed. That would be sweet. I'd like to be eaten rather than shot.

Being a redshirt and getting killed is one thing. Being the "let's throw in someone for 15 seconds who will kill themselves" guy on a craptacular finale is another.

DaveMage

Slumbering in Tsar
arnwyn said:
Terrible, terrible final episode. Just garbage. Only the last 20 seconds was any good.

The Trek fan in me really wants to argue about this comment...

...but I have to agree. :(

John Crichton

First Post
reveal said:
Being a redshirt and getting killed is one thing. Being the "let's throw in someone for 15 seconds who will kill themselves" guy on a craptacular finale is another.
I'd be okay with that, too. I could say I was the mook who ended myself on the Enterprise finale. ;) An uber-redshirt traitor if you will...

John Crichton

First Post
arnwyn said:

If I hadn't seen season 4, I would agree. But (barring the finale) if the quality was this high for the next few seasons, I'd be a happy guy. I am a little sad that it is gone, only because would could have been. Over the summer I will work on erasing the finale from my mind.

sniffles

First Post
I wasn't as unhappy with it as many of you obviously were. But it was, well, disappointing. I would have prefered to see the series go out with the focus on Archer & crew, not Riker & Troi. Having them shut down the holodeck program and walk off was not a good way to end the series IMO.

I would have liked to hear Archer's speech, but my fiancee had a good point: Archer had given an impassioned speech at the end of the previous episode. The producers probably thought it was a bad idea to have a character give a speech in two episodes back to back. A friend of mine also suggested that the "These are the voyages..." bit at the very end might have been intended to be part of Archer's speech.

Apparently in the ST universe lack of promotion is normal since Riker has never been promoted either. At first I thought the Riker/Troi bit was supposed to be set after the end of TNG, which made it seem really ridiculous that Riker was still a commander! It was hard to accept that the framing story was set during the other series, since Frakes and Sirtis looked so much older.

The story did have one really moving moment, though: when Trip died and Phlox confessed to Archer that he thought of the crew as his second family. Why is it that Trek's non-human doctors became some of the best characters?

I don't have cable, but the local Fox broadcast network carries Ent. on Sat. nights. However, apparently the ratings suck so much, they didn't bother to show the first of the final 2 parter. They must have gotten some flak over it though, because next week, they are showing the 2nd part and the B&B finale.... rather odd...

TDRandall

Explorer
Well, I want to thank everyone here. You all set my expectations so low....

...that I was able to actually enjoy the episode when I was finally able to get around to watching it.

It wasn't NEARLY as bad as you all let on. It may not have been on par with many (most?) of them, but when you all led me to expect an absolute sucktastic debacle, seeing something only half as bad was a bit refreshing!

cuteasaurus

First Post
I watched the series fairly regularly and I must say...parts of it were very good and I will miss it. However, for those of you who said the last episode left much to be desired...yeah... The weirdness of not getting to hear the speech everyone kept mentioning aside, the thing with Trip really bothers me. He doesn't even get an actual death. He's alive when the scene ends, and then suddenly his things are being packed up. And while I may be the minority on this one...I don't like the way things between T'Pol and Trip ended. Granted, I did always want them to work "things" out, but even if that wasn't going to happen- 10 seconds about how they have or havent missed each other over the last six years? And T'Pol mentions wanting to see Trip's family...but we don't get to see that either. Shesh. An entire episodes of raising my hopes just to let me down...

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads