Star Trek Picard SPOILERS thread

Kaodi

Hero
You know it is kinda funny - that there is a "Beta Annari" who is an enforcer for a lookalike for TNG's half-Betazoid. (A)nnari vs Z(oid), the inverse alphabet. And the Beta Annari even has super sense that allow him to tell what others are feeling in a way!

Truth Seeker

Adventurer
1253 olfactory receptor genes. Which is a pretty meaningless number, since we don't really know how many genes are directly related to olfactory senses in humans.

If the line had been about actual olfactory receptors, that number would be ridiculously low. Humans have around 6 million receptors, while dogs have up to 300 million.

EDIT: With some googling, apparently we do know how many olfactory genes humans have - apparently it's in the mid-hundreds. Which would make the Beta Annari's senses only maybe 3-4 times more discerning than our own.

Amazing...just super powered amazing. :)

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
So I really like the Picard stuff, but I shut off when we go to the Bor(in)g Cube. And it seems the stuff I like is headed to the stuff I don’t like.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
So I really like the Picard stuff, but I shut off when we go to the Bor(in)g Cube. And it seems the stuff I like is headed to the stuff I don’t like.

I've been growing increasingly bored with it myself. When it first showed up, with that sign about "xxxx days since the last assimilation" I thought "Ooooh, THAT's not gonna last!".... but it has.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I do like this show and look forward to it each week. But I’ve realised that to me Star Trek = Star Fleet. While I understand that the universe contains far more than Federation starships, what I like most about Star Trek is the stuff with Federation starships. That’s the ‘universe’ I’ve been invested in since I was a kid. It’s a bubble in a large universe, but Star Trek has always been that bubble.

I guess what I’m saying is — gimme a proper starship! I love big Starfleet starships!

Last edited:

MarkB

Legend
I do like this sow and look forward to it each week. But I’ve realised that to me Star Trek = Star Fleet. While I understand that the universe contains far more than Federation starships, what I like most about Star Trek is the stuff with Federation starships. That’s the ‘universe’ I’ve been invested in since I was a kid. It’s a bubble in a large universe, but Star Trek has always been that bubble.

I guess what I’m saying is — gimme a proper starship! I love big Starfleet starships!
The ship they have is functional enough, but it doesn't have much screen presence. I literally could not tell you what it's called right now without looking it up.

Vael

Legend
The ship they have is functional enough, but it doesn't have much screen presence. I literally could not tell you what it's called right now without looking it up.

The ship is called La Sirena, but I don't think anyone has actually named it in dialogue in the show, I only know from Memory Alpha.

Truth Seeker

Adventurer
I do like this show and look forward to it each week. But I’ve realised that to me Star Trek = Star Fleet. While I understand that the universe contains far more than Federation starships, what I like most about Star Trek is the stuff with Federation starships. That’s the ‘universe’ I’ve been invested in since I was a kid. It’s a bubble in a large universe, but Star Trek has always been that bubble.

That will come down to what licenses were rented by SH to be used...for their variant show of Trek. Oh yes, they had to pay, but the latest word whispered...in truth. That Kurtzman reduced the use of such renting, which would lend to the premise of greater reduction of Prime Trek ships or references. As the story currently constructed, it is about Picard's journey...or dismantling of him. If you want to see Ships, watch any Trek show or movie, before 2009.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases