Okay, okay. I'm four episodes in, and I'm starting to wonder how many mysterious secret/tragic backstories do we really need? Warning: Spoiler for the first 4 episodes.
- Pike - Okay, I get it. It's kind of cool having a character know his fate.
- Uhura - Do we really need a tragic backstory here? Isn't a young person trying to figure out what she wants to do compelling enough?
- Noonian-Singh - Is there some reason the family didn't change their name? Even the Hitlers decided to be somethign else. Plus we've got a Godzilla survivor. She's got two tragic backstories in one!
- M'Benga - Crouching Doctor Hidden Kid?
- Riley - Attack of the Clones
I don't really object to any single one, but man, when everyone has one it kind of lessens the impact. It's like a soap opera. So far that's my biggest fault with the show, which means I'm just nitpicking at this point.
Una background isn't tragic, beyond her species, its barely explored.