• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Star Wars – The Clone Wars: Kaminoan Incident

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Before turning on the comm, Zak turned to the others and said, "Suggestions? Otherwise, I was planning on telling the truth. . ."

Nuke261

Rogue Warrior
His eyes focused on the dreadnought, as if he was trying to see into it, Kyle is obviously in deep concentration. Speaking, almost without realizing he is doing so, "Maybe not the entire truth, Zak. Perhaps you could first offer that we are passing through the system enroute from Coruscant." Kyle's eyes never leave the Dreadnought.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
"Very well," Zak said.

"Greeting, sir. This is the Corellian freighter Millenium Falcon en route from Coruscant. Is there something of which we can be of assistance," Zak responded after switching on the comm. His speech was much quicker than in normal conversation - almost faster than everyone else's normal conversation.

Zak reviewed the offensive and defensive capabilities of the frieghter yet again. It would be comforting to have those shields Jaq spoke of several days ago, Zak thought wistfully.

Elrick

First Post
"Millennium Falcon, I repeat what is your business in the Kamino System. Failure to answer will result in your crew and ship being detained for questioning."

"Answer him." hisses Dyr from the cockpit doorway. "We're not supposed to raise any suspensions."

Last edited:

KitanaVorr

First Post
Rei glances at everyone and shrugs. "Don't look at me!" she hisses back. "I'm no Jedi Consular! Give me a good fight any day....I guess we could say we're on ...er vacation?" A rather sheepish look crossed her exotic features.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Zak did a quick scan of the id signal from the dreadnought to determine who it was while he was waiting on any advice or replied from his friends.

Zak looked at the others of his squad, but the looks told him only that he ws on his own on this. So, barring something witty to say or some convoluted story involving astrocomputers and faulty jumps, Zak stayed with telling the truth (or at least as much as was necessary to accomplish their goals).

"Starfighter from unknown Republic Dreadnaught (or actual name), this is the Corellian freighter Millenium Falcon en route to Kamino from Coruscant on orders from the Jedi Council to investigate a situation planetside. I'm sorry but I cannot give any more information than that. If you are planning on delaying me further, I will have to report this incident to the Jedi Council and the Senate. If you let me pass, I will be certain to inform the Council on my return of the diligence and alertness exhibited by its starfighter pilots in the maintenance of this protected system."

Zak's eyes were quite wide at the sheer number of words that came out of his mouth. He only hoped they made enough sense to the pilots and the dreadnought to let them pass. To be prepared otherwise, Zak glanced over the controls in preparation of a rapid evasion descent planetside.

Nuke261

Rogue Warrior
Kyle continued to watch the ships from his position in the cockpit, standing behind Zak's chair. "Nicely done Zak. Stay calm. Trust in the Force. You are doing very well." Kyle placed his hand on Zak's shoulder for reassurance.

Elrick

First Post
The ID signal from the dreadnought shows it to be a part of the Republic's new navy called the Liberator.

"Millennium Falcon, standby." The confusion in the pilot's voice is plain to hear. Several tense minutes pass before a new voice, calm and ethereal, comes over the comm.

"Millennium Falcon, Your are cleared to land on platform AD45, Tipoca City. Sorry about the inconvenience, the captain of our new "protection" is a bit overzealous."

Last edited:

Velenne

Explorer
"Ah, crisis averted then. I would hate to have had to bruise their pretty new ships. Let's be about this buisness then shall we? I've had enough of dressing like dastardly space scum; I'm ready to start acting like one.

"But was it couth to have told them already and blown our cover? Too late now, I suppose. Let us hope rumor does not travel as swiftly here at is does on Coruscant."

Keia

I aim to misbehave
"That is why I only mentioned myself," Zak stated to Tal, "All the rest of you just weren't on this ship."

Zak began looking up the proper coordinates and pinpointed the platform. He began his descent into the Kaminoan atmostphere.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads