Star Wars: Andor

No bet. Dedra's actor, Denise Gough, is in her early forties, and the point of the flashbacks was that Kerri (name from Wikipedia) was too young to come along on the expedition that resulted in Kassa's kidnapping.
What makes you think that is the "sister" Andor is looking for? He hasn't seen her since he was a kid, why would he suddenly start looking for her twenty years later?

MarkB

Legend
What makes you think that is the "sister" Andor is looking for? He hasn't seen her since he was a kid, why would he suddenly start looking for her twenty years later?
To be fair, we don't know it's sudden. This could just as easily be something he's been working on for years, even decades, and just not making much headway.

pukunui

Legend
Who wants to take bets on Dedra being the missing sister?
You think the ambitious ISB agent is Cassian's missing sister?

I would think it more likely for someone like Cinta to be Cassian's missing sister than Dedra. That said, I doubt we have seen his sister on-screen yet. (I think if it had been Cinta, they would have recognized each other somehow.)

Remember the official line is that season one covers the first year and season two covers the other four years, leading into Rogue One, so I would be surprised if the sister shows up in season one, or maybe at the very end.

And I don't expect it to be a happy thing. Something has to make Cassian be willing to give his life for the Rebellion. Sure, it could be to protect her, but more likely to prevent what happened to her from happening to more people.

pukunui

Legend
Remember the official line is that season one covers the first year and season two covers the other four years, leading into Rogue One, so I would be surprised if the sister shows up in season one, or maybe at the very end.

And I don't expect it to be a happy thing. Something has to make Cassian be willing to give his life for the Rebellion. Sure, it could be to protect her, but more likely to prevent what happened to her from happening to more people.
I'm looking forward to K-2S0 joining in season 2. If it is meant to cover more time, I hope it isn't quite as jerky in its time skips as House of the Dragon has been.

Davies

Legend
It is not an impossibility. Her actor is a few months younger than Diego Luna, and since Andor is played significantly younger ... and there was that line in her introductory episode, that line about "that's why we're bringing in officers like you" which implies that there's something unusual in her background.

I am not convinced, but will at least acknowledge the possibility.

I would think it more likely for someone like Cinta to be Cassian's missing sister than Dedra. That said, I doubt we have seen his sister on-screen yet. (I think if it had been Cinta, they would have recognized each other somehow.)
There are other ways to be someone's sister other than being a blood relative. Cassian was adopted by Maarva Andor, he might have a sister by adoption.

Or he may simply have been lying when he said the person he was looking for was his sister.

Rabulias

the Incomparably Shrewd and Clever
There are other ways to be someone's sister other than being a blood relative. Cassian was adopted by Maarva Andor, he might have a sister by adoption.
Though the lead he was following in the first episode was a fellow Kenaran, so unless Maarva adopted more than just Cassian from Kenari, this is not likely.
Or he may simply have been lying when he said the person he was looking for was his sister.
This is a possibility, and would be interesting, but we have seen a younger sister that Kassa was close to. It is much more likely he is telling the truth about the person he is seeking.

Remove ads